1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
193 Posts
Why are are kit cars synonymous with tacky wheels? All that time building a killer car and then you slap some tasteless rims on it--never made sense to me.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Almost pulled the trigger on one of these last winter but after doing some research I found that they end up costing a good bit more to be done right so I got the R8 instead. Still kind of want one tho. Thought about getting a finished one and upgrading it and making it my own. Pretty easy to work on being mostly a corvette

·
Registered
193 Posts
why, because they are chrome finish? nothing about these wheels that is tasteless or tacky imo.
For me, it's a combination of things:
- The chrome
- The front wheel gap
- The fact that the offset of the front/back isn't consistent nor flush with the fenders.

This is all personal taste, but I think many will agree.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
These are pretty solid looking builds when done properly. There's one in ATL that has proper fitment/color matching without amber lights. Seen it very little, but it looks more refined, for sure.

·
Registered
610 Posts
They're typically built with a C5 as the donor car, which explains the C5 Mag Red and the C5 Cray Wheels.

·
Registered
193 Posts
the gap and the inconsistent offsets are because of the fact that it's a kit car, not because of tacky wheels.
Wheel offsets are a wheel trait. The front wheel gap is a suspension issue. Like I said; a combination.

In the end, it's not my car. I'm sure the owner is in love.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts