Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Faceless Watch by Qian Yiran

The watch without a face is completely black until you push the only button on the watch which illuminates two colored lights on the frame to display the time in analog. Called the "eye of the storm", designed by Qian Yiran.
Original Source
--
Eye of the Storm is a watch without a clock face. The time is illuminated on the black outer frame only when a button is pressed.
A storm can be a violent, destructive natural catastrophe. But at the centre of a swirling storm is a core of calm and quiet – the “eye of the storm.” This watch design was inspired by the eye of the storm. At its centre is a void. The time moves around the void. The watch is entirely black until the wearer presses the button; then the time is illuminated with small lights. The design was inspired by three factors: many people are sensitive to the metal parts of watches (especially in combination with sweat); reading the time on a watch does not actually require the centre part, so valuable material can be saved; and such a design could be considered unique and attractive.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Cool, but not for me. Don't need to see anymore arm hair than necessary.

·
Registered
723 Posts
If I was looking into a faceless watch, I'm partial to this design..

Aurora Concept:

·
Registered
180 Posts
surely this bad boy isn't too pricey...I'd snag one

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Wow, not sure how I feel about it but def different.

·
Registered
897 Posts
i want it, its so different where do you get it??

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
saw that this morning actually. would be cool if it had some kind of glass filler in the middle.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
half past a hair quarter to a freckle takes new meaning now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I actually emailed the designer a few days ago. It's not available yet but he is in the works of getting it produced. He said he would email me when/if it goes into production. I will let you all know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts