Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm very close to buying either a 2009 scud coupe, or the 16m version. While I am comfortable with either purchase, I'm wondering if it's smarter fiscally to buy the 16m. While it's still a very young car, do you the think the value of the 16m may appreciate over time? The other alternative is the 458 speciale but I feel I'm going to take a bath on the depreciation in the coming years. I tracked the scud last year and fell in love but was not sure if going for the 16m would be a more responsible fiscal move from a collector standpoint. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
IDK, ive given this an amount of thought between a scud 16m and a regular 458. 458 is definitely going down, scud has already been going up over the past 2 yrs from the 150-180 range to 180+ and the 16m has also slowly crept up. I dont ever see it being worth more than the msrp of next gen version standard drop top ,aka current 458 spider. Probally a safe buy for 220-240 right now to be able to get that back in a few years but I wouldnt bank on it being a 300k car anytime soon if ever.

Your best investment is going to get the car you you actually want and fits for your philosophy of use and get your moneys worth out of it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great feedback. So you think the 16m really does not bring much in the form of added long term appreciation at a rate higher than the regular scud? I figured with the limited edition the 16m over time may increase at a higher rate. If not, I'm in love with the coupe just as much.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
In short, no. This has been discussed a lot on FChat by guys who follow the market a lot more closely than I do. General consensus is to not spend the extra just for investment's sake.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks HJ!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm actually thinking of trading up my scud for a 16m...I was negotiating a black 16m with about 9k miles a few months back but we were not able to make a deal. I don't think i'll every sell my scud to be honest regardless of the market. I love that car too much, but if I did let it go, It would be for the 16m. I don't really buy cars with the mindset of what it will be worth in a couple years...if i love the car, i'm buying. With that said, the scud market looks like it came up from 2 years ago

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am so exited. I am putting the deposit down and flying out to buy the 16M on Tuesday. Did I say I am excited - woot woot!

Reactions: Pushn'lbs
1 - 9 of 9 Posts