Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The points race is shaping up to be amazing!

I looked at a couple of scenarios:
Vettel 1st, Webber 2nd, Alonso 5th means a three way points tie at 256. I think Alonso has the most race wins and would therefore win.

So my question is this: If the results came down to this, would Vettel give up the race victory, and let Webber pass him so Webber would win the World Championship?

I think he would.

I am still unclear if the is or isn't a rule on Team Orders. What I have read doesn't clear it up.

Which also raises a second question. Should Red Bull have used team orders and ordered Vettel to let Webber win in Brazil? Webber would have only been one point behind Alonso heading into the last round, and would have had a much greater chance of winning heading into Abu Dhabi. Vettel would have been left mathmatically alive, but like Hamilton, a looooong shot.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i don't think you are allowed to order one racer to give up to his team mate..

well, i just hope that Alonso will not finish this race or whatever it takes to not see him win the championship.. haha!

·
Registered
724 Posts
There is no questioning Alonso's talent. He truly is one of the greats. HOWEVER I do no believe in team orders and dont think he deserves a win this year.

There should be no question who deserves the title this year. Vettel proved last season he had the talent and this year has shown himself to be a amazingly talented driver (with awful luck). Webber has always had talent however looking at the statistics Vettel is the superior driver.

Drivers are part of a team but they are their own separate programs. If I were Vettel I would finish with the best result possible for myself. Webber will be retiring in 5years maybe? He has no real chance at breaking F1 records. Vettel being 23 and already is a fast rising star. He needs to look after himself like the rest of the greats and take every race to its maximum potential.

The REAL question should be whether Webber is prepared to take out Alonso Should it be 1Vettel 2/3Webber/Alonso...

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is no questioning Alonso's talent. He truly is one of the greats. HOWEVER I do no believe in team orders and dont think he deserves a win this year.

There should be no question who deserves the title this year. Vettel proved last season he had the talent and this year has shown himself to be a amazingly talented driver (with awful luck). Webber has always had talent however looking at the statistics Vettel is the superior driver.

Drivers are part of a team but they are their own separate programs. If I were Vettel I would finish with the best result possible for myself. Webber will be retiring in 5years maybe? He has no real chance at breaking F1 records. Vettel being 23 and already is a fast rising star. He needs to look after himself like the rest of the greats and take every race to its maximum potential.

The REAL question should be whether Webber is prepared to take out Alonso Should it be 1Vettel 2/3Webber/Alonso...
I think this is Mark Webbers chance if he is ever going to win a Championship. I don't think the opportunity will present itself again.

Will Webber be willing to take out Alonso? That is an interesting question. I have a feeling Alonso would sit back and not allow himself to be put in that situation. Then again, you never know.
I am really looking forward to the race!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At the end of the Speed Broadcast they were talking about that all of the money is in the Constructors Championships, or in the Drivers Championship and there is very little in the other. I didn't catch which it was, and deleted the recording.
If the money is in the Constructors Championship then it makes sense that Red Bull was most concerned with that. If the money is in the drivers championship then they need their heads checked.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
At the end of the Speed Broadcast they were talking about that all of the money is in the Constructors Championships, or in the Drivers Championship and there is very little in the other. I didn't catch which it was, and deleted the recording.
If the money is in the Constructors Championship then it makes sense that Red Bull was most concerned with that. If the money is in the drivers championship then they need their heads checked.
They were saying it's in the constructors. However, winning the Drivers Championship can bring a lot of sponsorship money.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They were saying it's in the constructors. However, winning the Drivers Championship can bring a lot of sponsorship money.
I am sure you are correct. It all comes down to the money in the end!
Should be a good race. I will be glued to the TV.

·
5,744 Posts
There should be no question who deserves the title this year. Vettel proved last season he had the talent and this year has shown himself to be a amazingly talented driver (with awful luck). Webber has always had talent however looking at the statistics Vettel is the superior driver
I have to say, wow to this. You think Vettel, of all the drivers in the hunt, is the most deserving of the championship this year? Everyone certainly has their own opinion, but in my opinion he's the least deserving. He's showed numerous times how immature he is as a driver, and sure, SOME bad luck. But his actions have precipitated some of the issues that have come his way.

My question is, I can't remember if it was posed here, or another board, but what would have happened if the roles were reversed? What if it was Vettel who could have used those 7 extra points to be in a better position to beat Alonso? Would RB have executed orders for Webber to let the "faster" driver by? I think they would have, as much as they like to play the "we're better than Ferrari" card.

It's looking slim for Webber, but I'm still pulling for him.

-Markus-

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have to say, wow to this. You think Vettel, of all the drivers in the hunt, is the most deserving of the championship this year? Everyone certainly has their own opinion, but in my opinion he's the least deserving. He's showed numerous times how immature he is as a driver, and sure, SOME bad luck. But his actions have precipitated some of the issues that have come his way.

My question is, I can't remember if it was posed here, or another board, but what would have happened if the roles were reversed? What if it was Vettel who could have used those 7 extra points to be in a better position to beat Alonso? Would RB have executed orders for Webber to let the "faster" driver by? I think they would have, as much as they like to play the "we're better than Ferrari" card.

It's looking slim for Webber, but I'm still pulling for him.

-Markus-
I don't base it on maturity as a drive. Its all about raw talent and Vettel has more than any driver I have seen since I was a small boy and Ayrton Senna won the 91 titles. I have watched more F1 seasons than I am old by nearly double. When my fathers friends talk about F1 drivers I can respond back like I was there. So when I say Vettel deserves it, im taking in count the history of drivers in the sport and saying yeah compared to the greats he is one of the same.

Alonso will prove himself a champion at least once more. It may be this season or it may not. This season he had a ENTIRE TEAM behind him because Massa is not a terrible driver, in fact he should have been world champion. But Alonso had the entire Ferrari team working to make him a champion even if it meant having Massa pull over. Well see in Abu Dhabi what happens.

If I were Massa Id be calling Red Bull or Mclaren. Possibly Williams aswell.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I wonder if Hamilton would let Webber pass him if it meant Webber winning over Alonso?
That is an excellent question.

Hamilton: Alonso title would not be tainted | Planet F1 | Formula One News

From the news sounds like Hamilton doesn't give a shit. He would be called out for letting Webber pass him. Politically it would be a PR nightmare I think.

If he keeps his race he wont be looked bad on. You cant shame someone for sticking to the rules.

Racing is racing, things happen that aren't in your control. Which every driver wins deserves the title. If Hamilton can win it I think hell go down in history with the 2010 season. Part of me would love to see that happen...

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just watched the Friday Practice and the commentators mentioned several times that Hamilton is in it to win it. He will not yield to anyone.
Considering that he won his championship on the last lap of the last race, I can't blame him for driving all out to the checkers.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Kubica is very very talented. Its a shame BMW never put together a good car for him to run. He could have been at least a runner up many times over by now. Kubica has been one of my favorite drivers to watch. His style is very unique.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts