Luxury4Play.com banner

Do you leave your exterior/outdoor lights on or off at night?

• On

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Off

Votes: 6 50.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I did a search for similar topics, but couldn't find anything. If I missed it, my apologizes.

I got thinking, and was curious what you guys do for exterior lighting on your homes in regards to keeping your lights on or off at night. It seems to be a split between people keeping them on and others keeping them off. So what do you guys do? Probably about 1/4 of the houses in my neighborhood seem to keep the exterior garage/patio/front deck lights on at night, while the remaining houses keep them off. We do have pretty decent street lighting, so maybe that's contributes to the low percentage.

I currently keep my outside lights off, but I'm starting to think that having them on would be beneficial when it comes to potential thieves in the area. My logic is that they would tend to go after dark houses instead of homes lit up.

Anyways, I'm thinking about just getting a programmable timer switch for my exterior lights to have them turn on at dusk and off at dawn. So what do you guys do? Keep the lights on or off? And whats your take on it? Do you think it actually helps prevent crime at all?

·
Registered
176 Posts
my front path lights are on a light sensor so they stay on
the rear path lights/outdoor kitchen area are on timers til about 2 or 3am
my garage has motion sensor activated flood lights

so yeah, a bit of everything

·
Registered
641 Posts
My driveway has two solar powered motion sensor floodlights mounted above the garage entrance that emit a low level illumination from sundown to sunup.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have all mine on a timer set for about 3am, that way I can enjoy them when I get home late at night! or I should say that the girls can enjoy them when we get home late. Bitches love outdoor lighting

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Poll should have an automatic sensor option, because I would choose that.

Even so I keep them on during winter season as family arrives home at different times of the day.

·
Registered
386 Posts
side light above the garage is motion sensed. front step and rear deck lights turn on at 730pm and turn off the next morning at 6am

1 - 8 of 8 Posts