Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Looks awesome! I plan to build myself a deck some day.

Anybody have any rough, rough estimate on how much a job like this would cost if you hired somebody to do it?

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I love the title of this thread haha, I would tackle a project like this too not knowing what I was doing. I like figuring stuff out as I go. Came out great though, good job!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I built a 650sqft deck with some frends back in June. Was damn hard work, We used those composite boards aswell. After a days work we felt like we had been hitting the gym for a good 6 hours straight. Came out looking awesome. I would probably do it again, really enjoyed being outside all day, despite the heat.

Deck is looking good op!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Looks awesome! I plan to build myself a deck some day.

Anybody have any rough, rough estimate on how much a job like this would cost if you hired somebody to do it?
for the very first section that was expanded (adding another 16 feet in width to the deck) I was quoted no less than 5-7k (and thats for pressure treated wood) coming out as far as I did with composite decking and vinyl railings you are looking at 10-15k easily for someone else to do it for you

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
damn I havent updated this in a while. should I just post the finished result or keep going with progress?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
keep going!

the framing is the hardest. once that's done, the top section just nail and screw.

it took me about two years to redo my deck. i used redwood on top and bottom. all pieces were sealed with clear paint and put together with deck screws. been about 6 years and it's just like new.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
very nice. My last deck i built was 40x65.

I rented some very nice equipment, including a full size cement truck.

liike you, I live in a quarry town

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
40x65 is a small house. lol

I will get pics later this week. there is a horrible storm right now, and shit is everywhere.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts