Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone:). I'd like to extend this invitation to you all if you'd be interested in attending with your car to the show. YOU MUST SIGN UP if you want your car in the show. You CANNOT just show up you will not be allowed in. Please refer to the flyer/picture I've posted for that information.
Or just to show up to support!. It's free to come to see the cars and walk in:).

Cars allowed are exotics only. Unless you've got something crazy no ones seen before.
My friend has put this event together for a few years now and it's always been a great success.
This event is to support our military, the air force in particular. Please come join us on a fun filled day:).

The event includes:
Wine tasting
Full outside bar.
BBQ ribs, tri-tip sandwiches and your basic hot dogs and burgers
rock climbing and moon bounce for the kids
Music
And for course LOTS and LOTS of ferraris and other exotics/cars.

·
Registered
610 Posts
For those planning on attending and/or those who've never been up the Central Coast before, there is PLENTY to do within a nice spirited drive of VAFB as well. Before and after the show, there are coastal driving roads, there are countless vineyards and tasting houses, beautiful Santa Barbara an hour to the south, and beautiful San Luis Obispo an hour to the north. About 30 minutes east you'll find Buellton and Solvang (a complete Dutch-settlement style town with good food and shopping), and quite a few great backroad twisties to stretch the cars out on.

In San Luis Obispo, you can walk Higuera street for a feel of the city, and stay at the Madonna Inn, a local institution and full of great 70's chic randomness. It's a time capsule with individual themed rooms and a sense of occasion for a good price. Military discount too for those of you with DoD cards!

Down in Santa Barbara, walk State Street and the offshoot corridors for great food and wine and often local music. Shopping galore too.

Anyways, thought I'd share. I spent a couple years up there and it's full of hidden charm, and great local artisan goods and produce. Cheers!

·
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For those planning on attending and/or those who've never been up the Central Coast before, there is PLENTY to do within a nice spirited drive of VAFB as well. Before and after the show, there are coastal driving roads, there are countless vineyards and tasting houses, beautiful Santa Barbara an hour to the south, and beautiful San Luis Obispo an hour to the north. About 30 minutes east you'll find Buellton and Solvang (a complete Dutch-settlement style town with good food and shopping), and quite a few great backroad twisties to stretch the cars out on.

In San Luis Obispo, you can walk Higuera street for a feel of the city, and stay at the Madonna Inn, a local institution and full of great 70's chic randomness. It's a time capsule with individual themed rooms and a sense of occasion for a good price. Military discount too for those of you with DoD cards!

Down in Santa Barbara, walk State Street and the offshoot corridors for great food and wine and often local music. Shopping galore too.

Anyways, thought I'd share. I spent a couple years up there and it's full of hidden charm, and great local artisan goods and produce. Cheers!
Exactly it's a nice little get away with the bonus of a cool car event:). That's why I got a hotel for 26-28th.

Reactions: Nolan

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
My car won't make it that far :(

·
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been trying, but no success yet.
Ever think it's the trans overheating?. Or that the clutch assembly is some where broken?. Have you taken it apart yet to look at it?.

·
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a good time to me!
Too bad my car isn't "exotic."
Doesn't mean you can't go to the show park and come inside and hangout:).

·
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some shots of the weekend.

Reactions: SPDSKTR

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Damn... If I was still living in PHX or even Portland, this would make the drive up or down worth while. Hopefully there was a good turnout of participants and spectators. Glad to see the support for the AF.

·
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn... If I was still living in PHX or even Portland, this would make the drive up or down worth while. Hopefully there was a good turnout of participants and spectators. Glad to see the support for the AF.
Huge turn out. Lots of cars and a lot of great people. It's a great event that's pretty low key. Well worth attending!.

Reactions: TheItalian

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Did Phillipe's car make it all the way without problems?

·
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did Phillipe's car make it all the way without problems?
Yup no problems at all. His cars very reliable and great now that he's fixed the clutch. Honestly I didn't really have any issues with mine ever either.
I can almost guarantee your issue is clutch assembly/F1 pump related.

·
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts