Hamann?
IPE?
Capristo?

leave valves open on stock exhaust?

???

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd suggest a titanium 330 Racing exhaust with wireless valves controller.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Novitec's full Inconel system if anything.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Novitec for sure

·
Registered
641 Posts
Service manager pulled the vacuum lines on my exhaust at no charge. No brainer unless you need the capristo switch to keep it on the DL when sneaking home late at night.

·
Registered
725 Posts
In a couple of weeks I will be installing a ceramic-coated fabspeed header, IPE cat bypass pipe /w novitec o2 canceller and a novitec rear muffler on my 458. It should be interesting to hear what the sound is like.

·
Registered
641 Posts
In a couple of weeks I will be installing a ceramic-coated fabspeed header, IPE cat bypass pipe /w novitec o2 canceller and a novitec rear muffler on my 458. It should be interesting to hear what the sound is like.
Can't wait for your vid. Saw the track photos, mad props.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AM Michael...you did Renntech on my friend's white SLS BS from Mass...yup Ben...
Pls. PM me pricing on Akrapovic and Capristo...both have wireless remote?
What about Armytrix?

We carry Akrapovic and Capristo which are both great choices for the 458.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've seen a 458 with an Akrapovic exhaust and that sound was jaw dropping. Can't compare to the others though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Powercraft ..

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
YouTube really doesn't cut it for a lot of these exhaust. For carbon parts/etc., Novitec is great, but their exhaust just is not worth buying based on tone. Same with Akrapovic--looks badass, but not a great tone. If you do get an aftermarket, Fabspeed sounds best, IMO, even though they have the Challenge-style exit. Stock with disabled valves is more F1-ish and higher pitched than most aftermarket. In person, it sounds great, just as it does when you hit higher rpm's where the valves typically open anyways.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts