Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Well it was about time, but we finally joined the L4P family!

I figured we would start off by showing recent results from a Vantage that we had on the dyno!

V2_HP-TRQ_small.jpg

Larger Graph

V2_HP-AFR_small.jpg

Larger Graph

Here is the story from one of our customers on the car!

Background:

Simply put, I want 4.7L+ performance out of a bone stock 4.3L Aston Vantage with nothing more than a simple ECU reflash. Last time I had the advantage of already having an RPI exhaust on the car so the tune had a bit of help, but this time there was no aftermarket component on the car at all. In fact, I even put Fuse 22 back in just to make the results as accurate as humanly possible for all bone stock 4.3L Aston Vantage out there wanting a significant improvement in power.

Preliminary Results:

HP Gain: 35.3 HP @ wheels! (at Redline)
TQ Gain: 23.3 TQ @ wheels (@ 6300rpm), 22.1 TQ (@ just 2500rpm)
RPM Increase: currently 300rpm to 7600rpm (debating on 7700rpm)
Before AFR : Bottomed out in Hades
After AFR: 11.5 on top end

Dyno Method:

The Best of 5 dyno runs were done for both before and after to ensure the most accurate results. All Runs done within roughly 30 minutes of each other for maximum accuracy. All runs performed in 4th gear as always.

Dyno Explanation:

So far the gains are already a significant improvement. On my last Aston the V1 tune gained 31.4HP at the wheels, but that was with the help of the RPI exhaust.

Even though this tune makes more power, its actually a more conservative tune as the Air Fuel Ratios on the top end still only max out at 11.5:1, meaning there is still more room to be had on the tune. I wanted to make sure that the tune is not too extreme for any climate. California owners will have slightly less power however, given their 91 octane limitation, but everywhere else can have the full 93 octane tune.

Performance (on road):

After driving it a good 50 miles today to get better acclimated to the tune, I can say the tune is definitely better than the stock tune and you can certainly notice the improvement. The smoothness and power delivery is much improved over stock on both part & full throttle.

The 22.1 ft lbs of torque increase at 2500rpm is much more pronounced. This represents an 11% increase in torque at 2500rpm allowing the car to pull WOT at very low rpms in 3rd and 4th with ease. Normally such a maneuver would have required a downshift on the stock car. This especially makes a difference in every day city driving at low rpms in higher gears. 2nd Gear feels every bit as powerful as the 4.7L throughout the powerband and is now extremely torquey. In 3rd you do begin to notice the lack of torque more at lower rpms however. Below 3500rpm its definitely still lacks in torque. 3500rpm the torque starts to ramp up and by 4000rpm it feels every bit as strong as the 4.7L all the way to redline. Needless to say, the traction control light is lighting up everywhere now much more so than before.

Assuming the same 20% Drive-train loss as my previous Aston (fair value given how much rotating mass our cars have in the drivetrain), the total crank HP gains so far at 35.3 wHP equates to 44.1 HP @ crank. Torque gains come in at 29.1 TQ @ crank, also a healthy improvement. Still not 4.7L territory on the bottom end yet, but its getting closer. On the top end, the 4.3L is now caught up to any 4.7L. At 365.3, my vantage is only 2 HP off of the 2010 4.7L Vantage Baseline dyno on Eurocharged's own website, so that proves you can get 4.7L power out of the 4.3L with just a simple reflash tune.

Summary:

These newest results demonstrate what is possible on a completely 100% bone stock 4.3L down to the stock Fuse 22. Obviously this is an uphill battle as the 4.3L motor has a significantly shorter stroke than the 4.7L bigger brother, but it is not an obstacle that cannot be overcome. With the right tuning it should be able to at least match its bigger brother, even with its 0.4L deficit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts