Registered
2,633 Posts
Yikes, no helmet on a track & that much power at your feet :goingcrazy:

Reactions: slik560

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Yikes, no helmet on a track & that much power at your feet :goingcrazy:
helmet without a hans device is more likely to have a basilar neck injury for the benefit of debris protection. If I had the choice in the states id drive without one assuming no hans or 4/5/6point harness is equipped

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks like such a rush to push that La Ferrari like that around a track!! I definitely agree with all that power he should definitely be taking some safety precautions.

·
Registered
307 Posts
drifting any exotic isn't my cup of tea. You can make any car drift.
Yet holding a drift will always require more driving ability than just getting the car to "drift". I find people who underestimate drifting as boring (cause well, watching it kind of is) can't even come close to driving a car like that. I'm not a big drifting guy either but pushing any car at it's limit and keeping it there constantly ISN'T easy, no matter how easy the car is to drive. The limit isn't an easy thing to mess around with by definition.

Maybe grab a cup of something stronger than tea. Motorsports can be a blast even when you're not going for the fastest time around a track. And this is a fine example of a guy just having fun driving his car spiritedly....except in this case it's a $2m limited run Ferrari flagship being driven in a ridiculous manner instead of idling around a city center in London or Monaco.

Tell us Mr. Brooks, what is your cup of tea?
I don't understand car "enthusiasts" who aren't enthused or act unimpressed by basically one of the best of the best being driven in a manner you can only describe as "flogged"

·
Registered
168 Posts
My cup of tea is enjoying a car for what it was meant to do, being put through its paces. Running it flat out, finding ways to improve its capabilities as well as my own. Don't get me wrong, i do like drifting but, if i'm on a track in a LaFerrari (or any car for that matter) for me it's about pushing it to its limits. Becoming one with the car, finding out how hard I can push it before it pushes back. I love running my coupe flat out. Now if someone could figure out a way to drift a bus, then i'd be impressed.

·
Registered
307 Posts
if i'm on a track in a LaFerrari (or any car for that matter) for me it's about pushing it to its limits. Becoming one with the car, finding out how hard I can push it before it pushes back.
this is pretty much exactly what the owner is doing in his car though...pushing the literal limits of the cars grip and finding out how hard he can push it before it pushes back (his hands get kind of happy toward the end there)

....he also has videos of him hot lapping Monza as well, so it's not like he puts around the straights and then throws it sideways in the corners like a wannabe Chris Harris..this guy drives his LaFerrari hard and well & in all manners you can enjoy a car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts