Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Testing water on this. It was purchased about 4 years ago from The Green River Stone Co. Quarry, Lincoln County, Wyoming.

It is the fossil remains of a fish dating back 50million years. It hasn't been fully etched out but you can still see the outline of it. All it takes is a eraser and some patience/time to get this fully done.

Looking to get around $400 obo... Fully etched it goes for $3000+ for its size. Shoot me a offer!

It came with papers however I will have to find them and most likely they have been misplaced. It is authentic and if you really wanted I could call up and handle it.

Here is a link to a smaller but same style fossil (mine is a larger fish and actually has 2 fish in 1!)
Fossil "MIOPLOSUS" - Eocene 50 Million Years Old - eBay (item 370145837044 end time Jan-06-11 11:34:51 PST)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's pretty cool, so you just rub it gently with an eraser?
Yep, you its already had the out line etched. In person its much easier to tell, the photos don't do any justice.

Id love to get rid of it as its taking up half a desk's top in my new home :eek:hwell:

Ebay is starting to look like this pieces future.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how big is that thing???

nvr knew you could buy such thing hahaha..
Its about 14.5 inches by 24 inches and sits 1.5 inches high.

Great piece for some one! I don't have the room and want to make way $$ for some new toys!

$400 +shipping

1 - 15 of 15 Posts