Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
L4P Street Team
11,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Luxury 4 Play community, just wanted to share these pictures of Engravings with everyone. Enjoy and please let me know what you think.

-Shawn -

11-99 Foundation, 6th Annual Exotic Car Drive - Engraved on 11x14 piece of Painted Aluminum

Porsche Badge - Engraved on 8x10 piece of Aluminum. LOOK CLOSELY - 90% of this piece is all dots.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
wow very cool, can you tell us a little more on what you do and what are these used for?

·
L4P Street Team
11,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello RAWMEAN, thank you for the compliment on my art. The 11-99 Foundation piece was created for the 6th Annual Exotic Car Drive, but was only half completed at the time of the event. MTK was able to see the half completed engraving that was on display. Were you able to attend the event RAWMEAN? This piece will be auctioned at a Golf Tournament early in October and the entire amount will be donated to the 11-99 CHP Foundation.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hand done? I have trouble using a dremel to polish something. I can't imagine the skill it takes to do what you've done! WOW!!

CJ

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
ExoticEngraver: that is nuts. You're like George Suerat of engraving! Very nice work; I'm having a hard time seeing someone make precision dots with a dremel tool. I guess Dremel has done a good job because mine is from the 1970's and it's 'still' working but back then, it was a large motor and a bit unwieldly to be used for something this fine. I'm guessing the motor drive is smoother than from the 70's. :D

Do you do woodwork too? It would seem like a natrual extention.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
hey bro... good meeting you at the OC auto show.. good stuff again, keep it up.

robbie

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Wow you have a great eye for detail! I just checked out your website. You have a bright future for sure. Keep it up and show us what you are up to now and then.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Per website;

"completely self taught and has not had any formal art training"

^^ That is AWESOME Shawn.

L

·
Registered
198 Posts
Love your work. Just checked out your Website really love your pieces any pieces you are selling or is it only upon request.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
AND he tags his posts.
DAMN.
Net-skillz too!

LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts