Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am newbie here.

I just purchased 2011 997.2 Turbo S with 800miles and this is my first Porsche. :D

Car originally purchased on 01/11, anyone know size of the engine? I thought it should be 3.8L but someone told me 3.6L.

Which is correct?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
It's 3.8. I would make a smart-ass coment about using Google, but right now I'm trying to figure out how the hell someone owns a car for over two years, but doesn't know the displacement size.

Pics?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just bought it yesterday and it is on its way here. I thought it should be 3.8L like you mentioned but dealer informed it is 3.6L.

And it is definitely 2011 model. I did googled it but I trust forum people better. :)

Thanks for info.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
It's 3.8. I would make a smart-ass coment about using Google, but right now I'm trying to figure out how the hell someone owns a car for over two years, but doesn't know the displacement size.

Pics?
to be fair he said he just bought it.

and it is a 3.8 congrats on the car buddy

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Ah ok. It said originally purchased on 1/11, so that's when I thought you purchased. Your dealer must be pretty stupid to inform you that's a 3.6.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I don't want to use google's infinite amount of information on just about everything, I'd rather just join a new forum and ask their opinions. Yea.. I see the logic in that too.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It's an understandable mix-up--sports cars aren't exclusive to car people who are always aware. Base is a 3.6, S is 3.8. 997.2 is a great car. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
just look at the sticker when the car gets here....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts