Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market to purchase an engagement ring. I am doing this with the intent of it being a total surprise, she really has no idea I am doing this and we have not really spoken about ring styles she likes etc.

I am having a lot of trouble finding one that I like, there are so many choices. Even though everybody says the diamond is the most important thing, my main problem seems to be trying to figure out what setting I want. I was wondering if you guys could help me out and maybe post some pictures ring styles that you have purchased or considered purchasing for your significant other or even just ones you like.

From what research I have done, I am thinking about sticking with a D, E, or F stone in VS1 clarity or better. Im not sure whether I want a solitaire or a 3 stone ring so I'm open to anything. I have literally seen 50 different rings and each one of them are all different styles. The only things I am sure of is that I either want a Princess Cut or a Round Diamond, and I want a 1.5-2 carat diamond. Oh and I hate halos. So at this point it is really just what catches my eye. The absolute maximum I am looking to spend on this is $25k total.

I just need some direction or ideas, I'm running out of ideas here, I want to just pick a ring I like, pay for it and get this over with. Shopping for this ring is like the hardest decision I have ever made, it is seriously stressing me out lol.

Any advice you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
The things I could do with 25k rather then buy a ring.... Haha, goodluck and congrats

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL Thank you, I think about that too, i figured im only planning on doing it once, might was well do it right

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I'm sure she's at least hinted something throughout your relationship or maybe you've bought her a ring before that she loves? Best bet would be anything from Tiffany's lol.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Personally I would never spend that kinda money on a ring even if I had Gates money. I wouldn't go over a grand. Goodluck and congrats if she says yes.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Lol 25k for engagement ring never, I think I paid like 1k for it if that I want to make sure she's with me cause she loves me not because how big ring I can buy........
Now after she give me first kid she got a whopper and same after second one.........

Reactions: Redx and Pushn'lbs

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
1k max here also. I wouldn't want my fiance to be walking around with 25k on her finger in today's society. Nonetheless, good luck my man and congrats.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ok lol, since no one is actually helping, although comical, i'll start with some ideas. I don't know her style, or how she looks, but I think I nice round or princess (whatever you prefer, I personally prefer round) in a nice solitaire setting, maybe a setting with stones down the shoulders of the ring, to accent the center diamond would be very nice. Nothing with too tall of a head, 4 prong over 6 if you go round so the metal of the prongs doesn't take away from the diamond. If she is artsy and likes design you could even go with something that has filigree, open work design on the side of the ring. Just remember cut as well with the other things you want in a diamond. Going to be one beautiful ring with that size stone in it with all the other characteristics in a diamond that you want, what girl couldn't say yes, that ring is going to POP!! Just a side note, I am not engaged or married so I haven't made the decision yet myself. I do however work at a high end jewelry store up this way, that being said if you have any other questions about anything in particular just let me know.

·
5,744 Posts
[email protected]. L4P member/sponsor, car guy, and the bling king. Designs his own stuff, will hold your hand through the process, give you suggestions, and get you exactly what you want. Hopefully that email still works.

Trust me.

-Markus-

·
Registered
610 Posts
I didn't see anyone address the female factor. I actually am making a legitimate attempt to help, so here goes. Been here before.

At the end of the day, not the ring size, nor three C's, will determine her perception of the magnitude of your love and commitment. 1k or 100k, she'll feel the same- and in the instance something like that does determine her perception to any degree, then she's simply not the one. With that out of the way, I've had a few old interests eventually stay on as good friends and confidants and observed engagements from a platonic distance.

Ask her parents for permission of course, and when they bless it, have her mom take her shopping unwittingly (substitute trustworthy sister, best friend, etc), and pass through a few jeweler's displays. Mom, sister, BFF, etc. will all be able to elicit some manner of preference from her as to what she likes, be that traditional or colored diamonds, white or yellow gold, single large diamonds or small arrays, classic or modern, cut style, etc.

Getting it right on the design, and presenting her with something which immediately conveys your understanding of her will beat hitting her with shock and awe every time. There are some ugly, cold, and gaudy $25k rings out there just as there are some really beautiful and thoughtful $2.5k ones. Spend whatever you're comfortable with, but let that take a back seat to simply presenting something representative of her.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Honestly she is the kind of girl I could buy the cheapest ring out there for and she would be happy. Its me with the problem, I just cant bring myself to purchase a small stone for her, maybe its an ego thing idk lol.. I want her to show her friends & family and get that wow response.

She's a good girl though, I know she actually loves me, we've talked about marriage before but it was always just a quick conversation. She'll definitely say yes, at least I hope she will. Her brother and sisters like me, actually her brother knows exactly what im doing, unfortunately her parents died a few years back so I don't get to ask them.

Heres a quick pic of her I have on my computer at work. Ill post a better and more recent pic later tonight when i go home.
my baby.jpg

I do like the Tiffany Round Brilliant with the bead set band. But it maxes out at 1carat. Maybe that is big enough, idk. She has really tiny fingers, I just want something that stands out.

Also, i kind of like this Hearts of Fire

And the Tiffany Grace

Theres so many more that I like but I just dont know what to choose.
I really dont know what to choose.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol 25k for engagement ring never, I think I paid like 1k for it if that I want to make sure she's with me cause she loves me not because how big ring I can buy........
Now after she give me first kid she got a whopper and same after second one.........
I agree with you, but its not her, its me lol. She doesn't really come from a wealthy family, she doesnt have a well paying job like I have etc. Shes been through alot in her life, and to be honest, I like spoiling her only because she doesn't really ask me for anything, and I like seeing her happy. Plus if she come out to the fundraisers and parties my parents host, people are gonna look at the ring right away when they find out she is my fiance, and yes my parents friends are shallow.

We actually get into fights when I buy things for her lol. A few weeks back I picked up a 2 Hermes H Clic-Clac braclets for her and she flipped out on me when she found out they were 720 each.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I know you feel the need to buy her an expensive "look at me" ring. As somewhat of a security professional I can tell you it isn't the best idea. Many people have been followed home due to their "look at me" jewelry. I can think of one case where these guys saw a flashy ring on this young woman. They followed her home and cut her finger off. I'm not saying this will happen, I'm saying you run the risk. All three of those rings look nice by the way.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know you feel the need to buy her an expensive "look at me" ring. As somewhat of a security professional I can tell you it isn't the best idea. Many people have been followed home due to their "look at me" jewelry. I can think of one case where these guys saw a flashy ring on this young woman. They followed her home and cut her finger off. I'm not saying this will happen, I'm saying you run the risk. All three of those rings look nice by the way.
Yeah, I definitely don't want that.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Regardless of someone following your fiancé home and hacking off her finger, think of her day-to-day activities and how much a huge rock that sticks out will get in the way....ie excellent chance you'll be buying another stone to replace the one that fell out and got lost.

Start trolling stores and see how big and high off the finger a stone over a carat is. If you want more bling, go with something like you posted above, not a bigger than practical stone.

Whatever you pick she'll be stoked. And if you're worried about whether she'll like it or not, just remember she can pick out/build her wedding band that will go with it...that you can then pay for :lol:

·
Silver Sponsor
803 Posts
[email protected]. L4P member/sponsor, car guy, and the bling king. Designs his own stuff, will hold your hand through the process, give you suggestions, and get you exactly what you want. Hopefully that email still works.

Trust me.

-Markus-
Markus thanks for the kind words.
For the OP, I can make this process a breeze and save you some cash as well as time and stress.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I am in the market to purchase an engagement ring. I am doing this with the intent of it being a total surprise, she really has no idea I am doing this and we have not really spoken about ring styles she likes etc.

I am having a lot of trouble finding one that I like, there are so many choices. Even though everybody says the diamond is the most important thing, my main problem seems to be trying to figure out what setting I want. I was wondering if you guys could help me out and maybe post some pictures ring styles that you have purchased or considered purchasing for your significant other or even just ones you like.

From what research I have done, I am thinking about sticking with a D, E, or F stone in VS1 clarity or better. Im not sure whether I want a solitaire or a 3 stone ring so I'm open to anything. I have literally seen 50 different rings and each one of them are all different styles. The only things I am sure of is that I either want a Princess Cut or a Round Diamond, and I want a 1.5-2 carat diamond. Oh and I hate halos. So at this point it is really just what catches my eye. The absolute maximum I am looking to spend on this is $25k total.

I just need some direction or ideas, I'm running out of ideas here, I want to just pick a ring I like, pay for it and get this over with. Shopping for this ring is like the hardest decision I have ever made, it is seriously stressing me out lol.

Any advice you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.
You're crazy dude. 25k is astronomical, and for what you get you won't even really see the difference between a 10k and 20k (except diamond size, which is marginal at best sometimes)

I spent about 5k on my wife's engagement ring and another 1k on the band, either way that's your thing.

However I would strongly suggest you hit somehow about what she likes, diamond cuts, ring types, etc. Judging by your post your buying a ring based on what YOU want and not what she wants

Reactions: Pushn'lbs

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Honestly she is the kind of girl I could buy the cheapest ring out there for and she would be happy. Its me with the problem, I just cant bring myself to purchase a small stone for her, maybe its an ego thing idk lol.. I want her to show her friends & family and get that wow response.

She's a good girl though, I know she actually loves me, we've talked about marriage before but it was always just a quick conversation. She'll definitely say yes, at least I hope she will. Her brother and sisters like me, actually her brother knows exactly what im doing, unfortunately her parents died a few years back so I don't get to ask them.

Heres a quick pic of her I have on my computer at work. Ill post a better and more recent pic later tonight when i go home.

Theres so many more that I like but I just dont know what to choose.
I really dont know what to choose.
You're going to buy this chick a 25k ring and she has a 10" tube tv and a VCR? Something tells me she will be happy with no matter what you give her.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts