Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont have a walk in humidor (one day.... :whistle: ) . But I have a larger display cabinet I'd like to just use to store full boxes. Do I need to season it like I would a normal humidor if I'm using an electric humidifier? The thing is probably 75% glass and the only real wood is the top, bottom, and frame.

The glass panels are framed by spanish cedar but the rest is some finished wood (im not a huge fan of this but whatever, seems sealed like it wont absorb much moisture)

Do I just throw in an electric humidifier and forget about it? The trays are coming out since all the cigars will be in their own boxes. Or is stacking like that a no no?

·
Registered
738 Posts
I thought you always season the wood, even in a large cabinet form. I am sure some of the other cigar lovers will chime in, but, I would say season it! Post a pic, curious to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Seasoning the interior of a cabinet will speed up the process to reach the desired RH. If you are not in a rush, you don't have to. Would I do it? Yes, I would season but I would still wait 3-4 days to make sure the hygrometer reads the right RH.

Depending on how big your cabinet is, you may want to strategically add few fans to help avoid dry/damp patches.

You can stack up boxes without a problem if you have a proper and constant RH.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have a cigar oasis.. by far the best thing I ever got for my humidor.

for weeks ive been having a battle royal with my humidor. here in CO its real dry and nothing I could do would keep it level. so I finally found my power cable for my oasis and filler her up. instant perfection and easily fine tuned!

Cigar Oasis all the way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts