Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2008 535xi that I'm absolutely fed up with. It is probably one of the most unreliable cars I've ever owned. It seems to be in the shop every few months for some reason or another. With only 60k miles of reasonable driving habits and regular dealer service, this car has had quite a few problems from fuel and water pump failures to regular misfires. It's an absolutely spectacular car that is a blast to drive.. when it's in working order, but it will likely be my first and last BMW. Anyone else with similar issues? Just a heads up to anyone out there looking to buy one...

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
The high pressure fuel pumps are notorious for failing on those cars. As for the rest, i can't really say i've heard many bad things about them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yup, the X35i vehicles have been known for fuel pump failures for some reason, I wouldn't rule out the entire company because of a bad seed, they've fixed the problem with the f10 535i so if you want to upgrade it's definitely worth it now.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
One of the biggest 'secrets' of the x35i series....BMW also fvcked over owners of R56 Mini Cooper S owners as well with 'unknown/unacknowledged' timing chain problems. Wife had her timing chain tensioner replaced at 25k....then timing chain replaced at 36k (with BMW claiming the tensioner had nothing to do with the chain itself prior to finally changing it under warranty)...sold the piece of shit at 36.5k miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts