Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to do my first track day at Jennings GP back in November. If you notice, the front fairing is partially missing off of my bike. It was damaged on the trip up there. I had two bikes in my truck to haul up there. One was facing forwards, and mine was facing backwards. Apparently the wind got underneath the fairing on the highway and ripped it right off =/. Put a little damper on my morning but that was quickly resolved by 8 or so sessions.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Miss my 1198. Just picked up a 749 that is being turned into a track bike as we speak. Are you coming down to PBIR this sunday?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Miss my 1198. Just picked up a 749 that is being turned into a track bike as we speak. Are you coming down to PBIR this sunday?
Sadly, no. I'm in the Caribbean on vacation until the 10th. I'm itching for another track day soon, though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nice pics.

Looks like in a couple pics you need to lean out a bit more. In the 2nd pic you're getting pretty close to the edge of the usable tire, a little more body lean and the front end will tuck. Get your ass over towards the edge of the seat. The bike will turn in much nicer with better body positioning.

Edit - I'm looking at them again and can't tell if it's exaggerated due to camera angle. At any rate...

Don't take it the wrong way, just some friendly observations from a fellow track day fan.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice pics.

Looks like in a couple pics you need to lean out a bit more. In the 2nd pic you're getting pretty close to the edge of the usable tire, a little more body lean and the front end will tuck. Get your ass over towards the edge of the seat. The bike will turn in much nicer with better body positioning.

Edit - I'm looking at them again and can't tell if it's exaggerated due to camera angle. At any rate...

Don't take it the wrong way, just some friendly observations from a fellow track day fan.
Thanks for the advice! Yeah the pictures were taken pretty early in the day and I improved a lot as the day went on. You can see in the second to last picture we still had a control rider in front of us showing the line. It was a great learning experience and I'll feel much more comfortably getting my body further out on the next track day.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for the advice! Yeah the pictures were taken pretty early in the day and I improved a lot as the day went on. You can see in the second to last picture we still had a control rider in front of us showing the line. It was a great learning experience and I'll feel much more comfortably getting my body further out on the next track day.
Ah, I read your post as in it was your first track day at Jennings, not ever...

In that case, go out, rip around and have some fun!

One little easy technique tweak that is easy to remember and consistently adjust on track, try to keep your inside nipple aligned with your mirror when leaning off for a corner. eg: during a left turn, align your right nipple with your left mirror, keep those arms bent and inside elbow pointed outwards.

Lemme know if you need any clarification. Have out there and keep the sticky side down...for as long as possible ;)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, I read your post as in it was your first track day at Jennings, not ever...

In that case, go out, rip around and have some fun!

One little easy technique tweak that is easy to remember and consistently adjust on track, try to keep your inside nipple aligned with your mirror when leaning off for a corner. eg: during a left turn, align your right nipple with your left mirror, keep those arms bent and inside elbow pointed outwards.

Lemme know if you need any clarification. Have out there and keep the sticky side down...for as long as possible ;)
Thanks bud! I'll try that out. Hoping to get back to it in a month or two. I'll be sure to post more pictures

·
Registered
67 Posts
Awesome to see you got it out there in its natural environment! Get ready to forget about any other hobbies you had. All money goes to track-related stuff now! :-D

-Christian

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! She's got a new fairing and I won't be making that loading mistake again lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice bike! Loosen up those elbows and it will make a world of difference in the speed which you will enter/exit corners. By sticking them out, you're going to have more lateral movement for quick switchbacks, bringing your head closer to your invisible mirror and loading your front suspension for corner entry. (Look @ my avatar for an example--this is post-apex but still "kill mode")

Reactions: boostedM
1 - 13 of 13 Posts