Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it when i turn off the murcie,sometimes the window goes down half way down?when i shut the door. It it letting me know somethings not right?

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
PM famous Auto sports, he is the lambo Dr. If he doesn't know the answer, no one will.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
it could be a failing window regulator or motor. i am replacing a window motor on my gallardo now. you will need to take apart the door panel.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
lol thanks silk! let me guess you have a roadster right??? they go down to compensate if you have the top on to keep the window from catching on the top and breaking. perfectly normall THERE IS NOTHING WRONG! let me know if you have other questions!

·
Silver Sponsor
2 Posts
Regarding your issue with the window it seems that something is not acting correctly.

1. When you open the door the window should crack 1" down to allow for the top seal clearance, but upon closing the window will (should) close back up fully.

2. You are describing something that is not right if I am understanding it correctly. You are saying that the window is going down half way? Is it not returning to the top (fully closed) when you close the door?

3. There are micro switches in the latch that control this system and they are looking at latch position to determine what to do. If you are having issues like you are describing you might need to reprogram the window switch limits as the window ECU controls the amount of "crack" that should open.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me directly.

·
Gold Sponsor
231 Posts
Grant is correct. The window should only open about an inch of so and go back up when you close the door and only on a roadster. It should not be opening halfway and staying down. Sounds like it just needs an adjustment or reset.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
How many miles and years untill it failed?
Mine is a MY2005 with 20k mi.

Here are pics of my failed window lift motor

If your door lights come on when you open the door, then the latch microswitch is fine. It's probably your window regulator getting loose. It is not able to hold the glass when you shut the door because of it. You should be able to lube it and adjust it. There is a replacement windor regulator on ebay if you need to replace it. That could be a difficult job though if you have not done it before.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts