Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about these? I'm looking at a 90's era Sweet 16 without a drivetrain and want to put in a modern Mercruiser 5.0

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Merc 5.0 with a TRS drive mounted with the right X dimension is a really great setup. The sweet 16 is a very popular boat. Its only limitation is its size..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply... size won't be an issue, I don't have many friends :D
Still contemplating the boat lol...

I see you are from Grand Lake... my dad and I used to fly our Cessna 180 over the GL Regional/Monkey Island from Northwest Arkansas all the time back in the day. I did some of my flight training over there.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Small world. We have a 172 in Grove and fly around razorback all the time. We kept it in Springdale for a long time but built a hanger in Grove. Lots of pretty landscape to see around here!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a small world indeed.

The Ozarks are great. I grew up on Beaver Lake and still boat there as much as possible when I'm home.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I had a 16 I completly redid about 2 years ago. It had a Merc 350. It ran good!
Very nice boat, timeless. Every guy over 30 had to look at the boat in envy. It's the boat every boy drempt of back in the day!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pics!
Beautiful boat... the white wrap-around interior is definitely my favorite.

I'm probably of the few under 30 that appreciates timeless style :)
Most of the guys I know my age have to have the latest MasterCraft or Malibu and a tower

·
Registered
432 Posts
lo

Nice boat, but looks like a 262 V6 .

I had a 16 I completly redid about 2 years ago. It had a Merc 350. It ran good!
Very nice boat, timeless. Every guy over 30 had to look at the boat in envy. It's the boat every boy drempt of back in the day!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can some one please message lubejob on my behalf and ask him to email me at [email protected] I purchased that exact donzi few months ago and am curious on more history of the boat. 110% its the same boat I bought from a dealership in Ontario, Canada. Being a new member i cant private message smh... thanks in advance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts