Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
i personally only buy new gear. I have an issue trusting "refurbished" gear.
I'm the same way when it comes to a digital SLR - but I'm in the $2500+ range. I would definitely buy new in the $10,000+ range as well.

I would rather have a warranty by (for example) Nikon.

The only thing I would buy "used", for a digital camera, would be something like a lens. I actually use old prime lenses from the 70's.

Just make sure you research the company you buy from. There are a ton of rip-offs/scammers out there.

If the difference is ~$200, I would just throw down and buy new. Some times cameras just stop working when they get old and used.

Personally, when I see "refurbished", I see a salvage (vehicle) title.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm the same way when it comes to a digital SLR - but I'm in the $2500+ range. I would definitely buy new in the $10,000+ range as well.

I would rather have a warranty by (for example) Nikon.

The only thing I would buy "used", for a digital camera, would be something like a lens. I actually use old prime lenses from the 70's.

Just make sure you research the company you buy from. There are a ton of rip-offs/scammers out there.

If the difference is ~$200, I would just throw down and buy new. Some times cameras just stop working when they get old and used.

Personally, when I see "refurbished", I see a salvage (vehicle) title.
true, but i dont think they sell D60's new anymore, and i was looking on ebay and the range for used was in the 470$'s and at the top of the site it says "a Best Buy Brand"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts