Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Chino Airport on Sunday (planes of fame museum) and I really like the idea of putting a helicopter or small jet aircraft fuselage just for shits and giggles in my backyard. I don't know if its legal or not but I assume if its not seen from the street nobody could care less. Just a city over a guy has a Vietnam like scene in his front and backyard along with military vehicles in the back and I never seen him take anything down. I'm located in Los Angeles California.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I don't see why not. Try contacting SC Village Paintball Park. They have a lot of old helis and military vehicles, maybe they can steer you in the right direction at least.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I know the Mojave Airport has a boneyard where you can buy whatever off of retired aircraft, but I don't know how small of aircraft they keep there. I know they have a ton of old airliners. You could try calling a few local aircraft salvage companies. When a plane crashes, salvage companies buy them from the insurance company of that aircraft, and then resell all the parts that are still usable.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. Well I'm looking for more than just the parts, like preferably the whole fuselage. Than I'll turn it into a cool little clubhouse where I can chill and lounge around. I mean I think it would be the ultimate backyard novelty. I have a feeling you can get away with this is boony towns but maybe not in LA county.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Thanks for the advice. Well I'm looking for more than just the parts, like preferably the whole fuselage. Than I'll turn it into a cool little clubhouse where I can chill and lounge around. I mean I think it would be the ultimate backyard novelty. I have a feeling you can get away with this is boony towns but maybe not in LA county.
Salvage companies and the Mojave boneyard sell every part they can, and that includes the fuselage. But you're right, might have to check with your zoning board about keeping it in your yard. Neat idea though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts