Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been kind of interested in the Ford Sierra lately because of the old british touring car racing and want to know if any one knows about them..? any one know how much i could get one with a 2.0litre engine, probably DOHC and what kinda stuff you put into them to make them resemble the old touring cars? preferably like this one...http://karfarmmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/fordsierracosworth.jpg

·
Registered
332 Posts
In North America is was sold as the Merkur Scorpio. The car was only available with a 2.8L V-6 and an A4LD automatic transmission. In europe and South Africa it was produced with other drivetrain combinations. The orther Merkur model that was sold in North America was the XR4Ti. It used a 2.3L I-4 and either a 5-speed or A4LD automatic transmission.

Can I suggest watching the eposide of Top Gear where the have a challenge what has a Sierra, a BMW M3 and a M-B 190 in it.

I would avoid these unless you are a glutton for punishment and want a unique project.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I think I the 2.3 was the American version of the euro 2.0 if I am mistaken. Please correct me if I al wrong haha. I want a unique build if I could because who else owns one of these? Haha and I know it would be a really fun car to drive if I can redo the engine and swap out the suspension like they do forthe racers even though I don't want to do thattt much. But maybe like roll cage and engine stuff and suspension. Unless your telling me to just stay away from them in general. If that's the case, what else could I do like this project, cheap and fun!?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those all in britain I assume?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts