Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
don't get it twisted these shows aren't documentaries. they are part infomercial and part entertainment, but i'm going to keep watching, partly because they rerun them 50 times, and partly because I enjoy them.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've yet to see a big stereo in any of their cars besides Shaq's Cadillac. They are about what the stands out to the average joe schmoe.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Drama is what gets ratings. The timelines are self imposed, and Ryan even said that in the Tron episode when they painted the R8 chrome. Ryan said that most of the deadlines on the show are for the show, but for this build, he stated, they actually had to have the car ready for the world premeire of the movie.

Fact is, if you're paying lots of movie for a custom build, a day or two or even a few weeks delay isn't that big of deal. I'd rather have them take their time and get it done perfect than pull a 24-hour day to rush and get it done, but then that would be boring for tv.

As for the marketing and sponsorship, that comes with the territory and I look past it. Again, if I were paying big money to have my car customized, I would be a little upset if they installed "Best Buy" quality parts.

But like stated, I watch it because it's enjoyable and can appreciate the craftmanship involved.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Drama is what gets ratings. The timelines are self imposed, and Ryan even said that in the Tron episode when they painted the R8 chrome. Ryan said that most of the deadlines on the show are for the show, but for this build, he stated, they actually had to have the car ready for the world premeire of the movie.

Fact is, if you're paying lots of movie for a custom build, a day or two or even a few weeks delay isn't that big of deal. I'd rather have them take their time and get it done perfect than pull a 24-hour day to rush and get it done, but then that would be boring for tv.

As for the marketing and sponsorship, that comes with the territory and I look past it. Again, if I were paying big money to have my car customized, I would be a little upset if they installed "Best Buy" quality parts.

But like stated, I watch it because it's enjoyable and can appreciate the craftmanship involved.
WELL SAID.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
I never thought that any of those shows produced quality cars, They always looked great...but just how long they did the work in I could never imagine that the work was quality... they would do paint jobs in a few hours and random stuff like that... I know they are good but there are just some things that take time and they don't take their time with anything

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
I never liked there work. The town I live in is all about WCC because there located here. They even opened up a WCC chronic tacos down the street from me. I personally think all there work is garbage and tasteless. They would have more business if they actually added some class to there cars. If I had the money to customize my car fully I would walk around that place in a 3 mile radius.

I go to the printing place next door to there shop and I have yet to see something sick besides a stock murci they had sitting lol...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been watching a lot of "Inside West Coast Customs" and "Street Customs". The work they do is phenomenal. Without a doubt some real masters of craft.

But Ryan is constantly saying "This was a challenge for us blah blah we pulled it out blah blah its the best there is". I have no problem with confidence but he says it for at least 110% of his speaking rolls.

Also, he has a leather print with the WCC logo in it that he uses on a great deal of cars and I think its just too much.

And the Best Buy deal? And the Orion deal? And Continential? Asanti? Juice Blendz? Monster? Rockstar? etc etc.

I think hes a master of merchandising, but they are there to build cars.
Any thoughts?
Yes but when you are an experienced person in auto body you can see some crap.

The paint is garbage most times. I can see fish eyes everywhere.

Season 1 episode 10 is hilarious.
First Ryan creates a new word..."funner".
Riiight. Then someone says more better.
Till a few episodes ago I didn't realize they were also grade 5 dropouts as well.

The biggest problem for me is Ryan's self centered ego. Yes this was so hard for us?
For them, you were busy sitting in an office or just visiting people.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I never liked there work. The town I live in is all about WCC because there located here. They even opened up a WCC chronic tacos down the street from me. I personally think all there work is garbage and tasteless. They would have more business if they actually added some class to there cars. If I had the money to customize my car fully I would walk around that place in a 3 mile radius.

I go to the printing place next door to there shop and I have yet to see something sick besides a stock murci they had sitting lol...
The part that showed me they are about garbage is their west coast custom speakers.

"Top of the line yet affordable". What ryan says.
No such thing. It's cheap crap that some people will buy. Always always, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Plus for people that supposedly know about cars and parts.

How do you order a rear view meer?
I don't even know what that is.
A side view meer?

Wow. Shows they dropped out before high school.

You cannot have the absense of something.

"With no"

Is without so hard to say?

You either have something or you don't.

So in ending if you want a good image don't be arrogant with an overblown go. Speak like you are educated and then there is a chance people will respect you.

The rascal flatts stereo was crap. Of course it was the crap west coast audio equipment so he could cut costs and use his brand name.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Exhaust systems are usually crap quality of they knew anything you don't use flowmaster.
You use Borla. The big difference is Borla are acoustically tuned. Plus high quality stainless steel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been watching a lot of "Inside West Coast Customs" and "Street Customs". The work they do is phenomenal. Without a doubt some real masters of craft.

But Ryan is constantly saying "This was a challenge for us blah blah we pulled it out blah blah its the best there is". I have no problem with confidence but he says it for at least 110% of his speaking rolls.

Also, he has a leather print with the WCC logo in it that he uses on a great deal of cars and I think its just too much.

And the Best Buy deal? And the Orion deal? And Continential? Asanti? Juice Blendz? Monster? Rockstar? etc etc.

I think hes a master of merchandising, but they are there to build cars.
Any thoughts?
I agree he is more about promoting his name than theirs.

All about marketing and cutting corners with some inferior parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
He can't even speak properly. Now he talks about the "wheels" on the wheelchair are black like those on the car. They are called tires. Oh boy. I watch because this show makes me laugh.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WELL SAID.....
I agree.
A so called " custom" build with west coast speakers. Weak crap.

He's gone so far to the end of marketing the name he waters down the brand by making cheap garbage speakers like that.

Definitely if I ordered a custom car I would want tight deadlines so the car is crap. Wtf?

That's the whole thing in the real world people know quality takes time. Tight deadlines create crap low quality builds.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts