Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 2006 daily driver which serves a variety of functions...

I tweeked a few things to enable it to handle its duties better:

Suspension

The rear bags have since been swapped for Carli's long travel units.

Security system:

Free hat w/truck purchase - hell of a deal, huh? haha

Camper shell for fun:

Found a matching trailer as well, but it wasn't free with the purchase of a truck...

At work:

At play:

At work:

And finally, at play again:

Say hi if you see me around NorCal or down and around PVE...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More pics of your ranch! You building an irrigation system in the one pic? Nice truck too!
Yes, if I remember correctly, those are 10" pipes coming from our head pond running to ponds 1 and 2. The bulkhead in the foreground is to release water from P1 into P2 should we have a flood event (P2 has an outlet that releases into the watershed).

I'll see what I can dig up on the ranch...

·
5,744 Posts
Kore is the way to go when it comes to Dodges, hands down. You don't see too many suspension systems out there anymore that are race proven.

Great looking truck.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tech - I agree with regards to KORE for the most part. However, I have been less than impressed with their customer service when I had an issue with my trac bar breaking loose. Sage was more than accommodating and I ended up swapping to his control arms as well when I swapped out to his bags in the rear. Based on my personal experiences with Sage I will go with Carli in the future more than likely.

Got any more shots of the truck in the photo you posted?

·
5,744 Posts
It's funny you bring up customer service with them. A few years ago, at the Off Road Expo here in SoCal, my video production companies booth was next to Kore's. They had a full size booth with Malcolm Smith's Ram in it. The entire weekend, not one person was in the booth working. The owner of the company just walked around, drinking and talking all day, while we have hundreds of people asking us about their products, thinking we are affiliated. That's a lot of potential customers lost if you ask me.

And yeah, I have a few more pictures....

·
5,744 Posts
Ha, all this time, I always thought that mega-cab had Kore's ultimate suspension on it. Turns out, it has Carli suspension on it. I stand corrected.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
By no means do I think they were out to hose me on the trac bar deal (the threads were apparently too shallow and the eyelet backed out at about 65 mph making for an interesting job of slowing to a halt and drive back home). Initially, all I wanted was a replacement as I was running around on a "fix" where I just welded the eyelet to the approximate adjusted spec for my truck. They could not seem to get production put together on the unit and were not all that interested in communicating. They were always nice and accommodating, just could not produce.

Finally, after months, I called Sage. Sage said what he could do, then promptly did what he said - my kind of guy.

PS - I am not sure everyone here has an appreciation for a 9000lb truck launching (and landing successfully and repeatedly):ylsuper:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It's funny you bring up customer service with them. A few years ago, at the Off Road Expo here in SoCal, my video production companies booth was next to Kore's. They had a full size booth with Malcolm Smith's Ram in it. The entire weekend, not one person was in the booth working. The owner of the company just walked around, drinking and talking all day, while we have hundreds of people asking us about their products, thinking we are affiliated. That's a lot of potential customers lost if you ask me.

And yeah, I have a few more pictures....
LOL!~!!I was there...I remember that!:clap:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Very nice rig! WELCOME to the "FOUR"!! You will love it on here!
PS...LOVE your security system!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice rig! WELCOME to the "FOUR"!! You will love it on here!
PS...LOVE your security system!
Thanks Allyson. Amongst P cars, muscle, and a bunch of other 4wd's this is likely my favorite all-around do it all for day to day transport.

PASSMOREwife and I will have to say hi sometime. We get down to your neck of the woods and meet up with her aunt and uncle from time to time when they sail down from PVE and we take off from the Balboa Yacht Club.

Take care.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
can you post some more pics of your camper setup? Im looking to find something very similar for my f250

1 - 20 of 45 Posts