Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
THATS WHY I ALWAYS CARRYON!

I went on a skim board trip to cali once and they lost 1k in skimboards once for a day.American airlines

·
Registered
437 Posts
I used to fly United for work. Finally got 1k status on United. Then work changed our "preferred" travel partners. So I can't fly United anymore.

So now I'm stuck on Delta with no status. I've flown Delta 12 times this year and every flight was late. The only good thing has been every flight has been late so I haven't missed a connection.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
ouch.. i have only had bad experiences with united and southwest everytime.. delta has been good to me and so has continental.. i am debating getting a rewards card with one of them

·
Registered
117 Posts
It is interesting how everyone has a different opinion of all of the airlines. For me Southwest has been great, Delta I have had one lost baggage issue with, and Useless Air is a nightmare.

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Always pack a big carry-on bag! It's a must.
United sucks.. no free peanuts.. delta has shoddy service. They lost my bag on a plane with only 20 passengers! (only prob with them) SouthWest has been good.. but I still use Delta due to the rewards.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Delta flat out sucks!!! Anyone that has a good experience with delta cant travel much or just has a different idea of service, its more then losing bags.
I live in ATL so I am stuck with the crappy home hub here. I flew delta 32 times in 09 and they were late a min of 30min up to 6hours on every single flight. Not just a few every one!!!
You can not fly the same day as a meeting or you will rarely make it in time. I fly private as often as possibly but its sometimes cost prohibitive. Then your stuck with rude, don't care, make excuses delta. I honestly think they have a game as to who can make up the most outlandish reason as to why I am yet again leaving an hour late. I so wish Virgin would take over Atlanta's gates.

·
Registered
300 Posts
THATS WHY I ALWAYS CARRYON!

I went on a skim board trip to cali once and they lost 1k in skimboards once for a day.American airlines
Dam that sucks when I bought to carbon boards from Vic and brought them back on United I was worried they were going to get broken and damaged but they arrived safe and sound. I have brought mine on a bunch of flights and knock on wood have not had any issues.

On a side note where do you skim? And are you on skimonline?

·
Registered
327 Posts
my dad has been flying united exculsively for the past 15-20 years to rack up his miles. He has many many miles, but now United won't even let him use it for anything. It's almost impossible to use the miles.

He's gotten so fed up with after hours of calling and emails that he's given up. He now flys other airlines. Virgin is amazing from start to finish.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I wont fly any airlines but Virgin. Fk the rest........
+1

Same here, fly Virgin. Very happy with them: new, clean planes, good service etc.

Most, if not all, US airliners are major fails. US carriers' airplane are 500 years old. Canadian airliners are better.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
so the consensus here is that virgin is the best? now if only they flew everywhere...

whats everyones opinion on continental?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the airlines either. I'm a pilot and much rather charter a plane..I wish I could afford my own though haha.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I've had good experiences with JetBlue and Virgin. American is ok, basic transportation, no frills, and charge for everything, but at least the flights are close to on time and they've never lost a bag of mine.

Do a Google search on Braniff Stewardesses (an airline from the 60's) and see what airline travel USE to be like....BEFORE deregulation.

·
Registered
813 Posts
To hell with airline luggage payments. Amex Platinum luggage insurance. $20 bucks gets you

$2000 PER BAG
$3000 for a carryon bag
$500 Emergency spending money.

Works no questions asked. Worth every penny.

I have it set up that everytime I book a ticket, it automatically charges

$20 for Baggage insurance
$19.99 for accidental death ($3,000,000)

·
Registered
333 Posts
so the consensus here is that virgin is the best? now if only they flew everywhere...

whats everyones opinion on continental?
I like Continental, but they have old planes. A lot of airlines use old planes still, but JetBlue and Virgin dont.

I use Alaska Air mostly since the only place I really fly to is LA, but now Virgin flys there from Seatac.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Take it from me I NEVER repeat NEVER check anything....I can goto Europe with a Garment and a 50 carry.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
For flyer issues - check out flyertalk.com and see if there are any company reps in the forums. Most airlines have reps in the forums (and they're quite active), and they are usually VERY good at resolving issues personally. g'luck.

·
Registered
572 Posts
i'm a consultant and used to fly for work. always checked my bag. certainly didn't fly as much as some people but probably around 40 flights AA and 80 flights united now? united lost/delayed my bag once, flew in to vancouver monday morning from chicago, didn't get my bag until about midnight.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
I had my luggage put on another flight from Orlando to Los Angeles but was lucky that plane also came to LA. The best solution is use UPS. You can ship your luggage directly to the hotel for about $30. I shipped my suitcase the day before my flight (using overnight) and it was there in my hotel room the day I arrived. :) I didn't have to to be at the airport 2 hours early, pay luggage fees, wait at baggage claim in LAX or anything. Alot less stressful, no waiting, garenteed your stuff will be at your hotel, ect. Great if you are on a timed schedule. Would recommend this method to anyone!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts