Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Infamous CEO of DMC, Greg Schoner just gave an interview with autogeespot.com just a couple days ago. I thought it was somewhat funny given what has happen with DMC in the past... especially on L4P.

For anyone who has an hour to burn/catch up on what happened with DMC in the past or needs a laugh DMC Tuning Germany - Defrauds Numerous Exotic Car Owners

Here's the link to the Autogeespot interview: Interview: Greg Schoner tells us about the growth of DMC Luxury

Interview question: "What kind of ambitions and ideas did you have when you started DMC Luxury?"
Greg Schoner's answer: "...Every morning when I enter the DMC premises, the one ambition that runs me is to make cars very fast and yet beautiful. It comes naturally that safety is the number one priority, so there’s no ambition without the necessary respect for responsibility! When I leave in the evenings, or late-nights, I always take a short look, back inside: I close the lights & doors with a big smile on my face, because I know I did something right."

Where are DMC's premises? are they in Germany? If so why is there no address listed on your website?
Link:DMC Molto Veloce : Carbon Fiber Body Kit for the Lamborghini Aventador

Interview question: "How would you explain the immense growth in the tuning/performance scene?"
Greg Schoner's answer:"... All tuners nowadays carry on this dream, and it’s our duty to maintain this German heritage! There's a lot of excellent tuners in the world, but wherever you go, people will tell you that German engineering and automobile history is one of the best in the world. We have to keep this in mind when developing new products, it’s not only about our own brand, it's about maintaining a global respect for our origins."

I don't think being German and exporting things from China designed by the Chinese "maintains German heritage".

Interview question: "What made the popularity of DMC Luxury grow exponentially?"
Greg Schoner's answer: "...DMC was lucky to start in Lamborghini Refinement, at a time when there was no tuner doing it, or when the solutions that were out there from other tuners, were already 3-4 years old. Clients don't want old designs, so the "Quattro Veloce" was an immediate hit."

How does reselling and relabelling a product that's mass manufactured from China, that's not limited to DMC, count as a new design? #flymotorLULZ

Link to where DMC buys some of their products: ???? - ???????????(FLYMOTOR)???????

Interview question: "What is the ambition of DMC Luxury?"
Greg Schoner's answer:"Everything we do, starts with passion and ends with dedication. We get the strength to do so, by the power of dreams. It's not easy to go to the top, or even to stay there, it takes a big chunk of effort and energy, and often takes sacrifices. But in the end, when you hand over the car to the client, or when you’re on one of the plenty global exhibitions and meet press, fans and owners, you know it’s the right thing to do, as it can be very rewarding."

I guess DMC also ends with or "sacrifices" not paying photographers too. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here Greg, you're kind of pulling a Kanye here.. and we know how that goes. I think I found one of your fans/owners on here earlier this month. I wouldn't go as far as labelling him as a fan...
LINK http://www.luxury4play.com/lamborghini/139537-problem-dmc-rear-wing-aventador.html

Interview question: "How important is quality for DMC Luxury?"
Greg Schoner's answer:"Quality is the base of our success. There's no business without quality, and it comes at the top of our requirements, even before design. DMC is a relatively small company, yet we are extremely strong. We are able to develop all parts inhouse, besides the performance package, which is developed by our suppliers. This is only possible because DMC is taking a different approach to business than other tuners when it comes to manufacturing. The magic word is outsourcing: Being based in Germany, we have a vast source of local manufacturers that can produce according to our requirements. DMC plays the role of engineering, the technical and aerodynamical base for all our projects. Yet when it comes to CNC'ing a part, we are not required to maintain a horde of workers, but can choose among 100s of excellent companies that can do it for us. Since all our work is done by computers and 3D scanning, all it takes is an email to one of the factories, with the attached 3D file. This makes it possible to operate a virtual production tree of 200 workers, with an own base of about ten engineers and designers."

Quality comes before design... Is that why the DMC Aventadors with the rear spoilers from your kit give off error codes and check engine lights and is that why there are misfitment issues with your kits? Inhouse is awfully vague, could you please pinpoint where this is located? Same goes for these factories... where are these factories located?

Interview question: "How does DMC makes itself unique compared to other tuners?"
Greg Schoner's answer: "The car industry traditionally is known as a dirty place. When we started the business, I was amazed to see that in 2009 companies still required you to cut into your car’s chassis to install one of their parts. We take a completely different approach. All parts are modular based, and either add-on or exchange for the OEM part. This way we can guarantee that car owners can revert their car to stock if it may become necessary in future. Another unique difference to other tuners is that we position DMC in the Luxury Segment. Building a brand is crucial, you can find our logo on many products we produce nowadays. We exhibit on TopMarques Monaco, show our cars outside of 5-Star hotels, it defines who we are. The product itself is not enough to differentiate yourself nowadays. We are not a part supplier, we sell passion and dedication. We don’t want to be a factory, we are a creative place, where cars are built as an object of art and engineering."

And I quote the owner of a DMC Aventador (Monlp700 on L4P) "Auferlampo in thailand sold me the kit and they said they contact you guys over germany and one of you told them to cut the shafts to stop the stock rear lip moving up."

Right... branding... #badboys4lyfe lulz.

Interview question: "Do you have any boundaries in terms of tuning?"
Greg Schoner's answer: "Safety, Quality and Design, if these 3 requirements are met, there’s no boundaries, everything is possible."

I can't see how it's safe that your Aventador spoiler does not open up to allow the engine to cool when necessary. I also don't see the quality as there is misfitment issues. As for design, sure it looks nice. I guess 33% is a pass over in "Germany". As for everything being possible... I guess DMC genuinely has no bounds as stealing from photographers would be considered to be one of those things.

There are plenty of other gems in the interview, I'd strongly recommend you read it. At one point, Greg compares DMC to Apple and Steve Jobs. I guess you're right- both of you do share something in common... both your products are made in China. Lol.

·
Banned
308 Posts
I figured something was suspicious when my buddy was searching for parts online and saw the LP670 spoiler, identical to this for sale for 5,500 USD from a chinese manufacture named Flymotor. I believe DMC upmarkets the price to at least 20,000$. I guess business is good.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
i really wish Ceeb's threads would go viral so people would stop buying these shit products. it's really unfortunate when i want to get into tuning one day and companies like this are the ones i would need to compete with. people do anything to make a quick buck...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I could suggest a way the thread could go viral.

1. Take notice as to why my thread was deleted by L4P.
2. send AG_admin a message asking why my thread was deleted and why DMC has not yet been dropped.
3. Repeat till you get results.

@turbotbaron9 My photographer and I would be partially responsible for the success of DMC's kit. We're the ones that shot them in Miami. Ask me questions if and when you do start up your company as to how to launch your company properly.

·
Registered
448 Posts
damn DMC really different...smh

btw
1467470_770884106262254_1176863336_n.jpg
1463995_771884222828909_211023602_n.jpg
1479238_772101329473865_1655872363_n.jpg
\
if you thinking bout making ya laferrari "unique" :)

Reactions: DHari

·
Registered
5,540 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I doubt it. No one in their right mind would let some "German" dude mess around with their limited edition Ferrari. Even to buy a Laferrari, you have to be a prospect buyer. They look at things like what cars you currently owned, have owned, and most importantly, what Ferraris you have. Given that Ferrari is full of purists, I highly doubt anyone would allow this to happen to their car.

·
Registered
448 Posts
^^^ that goes without saying dude, I really don't know what they were trying to do here but props to them for "trying". I thought it was funny this was even considered

1 - 20 of 39 Posts