Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Well ive had my r8 v10 spyder in a 6spd manual for about 6 months and I love the car, love how raw the power is the struggle for grip and the sound that comes along with it.

Recently went and checked out a new rs6 and wow, what a stunning car whilst having some practicality

Has anyone done something similar?

While I love the rs6 I just feel a lot of that raw feel may be lost with the rs6...

Thoughts?

Cheers

please excuse spelling and context, on my bloody phone.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I personally just like the styling of the rs7 over the rs6. the r8 v10 Manual is amazing and most would say keep the real driver setup that you are lucky enough to have, but if its practicality with similar performance you are looking for the rs6 and rs7( my choice) are amazing options.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
There are times questions like these confound me.
Buying cars is emotional for the most part. If it was all about transportation we'd all be driving econo-boxes.
Its all about what you want. We're gonna tell you our opinions and you're gonna do whatever you want.

As a salesman, I'd ask questions like these:
-Has there been any changes to the family or do you mostly use the car yourself?
-What do you use it for, work or leisure?
-How many miles per month do you drive?
-How long do you usually keep a car?
-What type of driver are you, purposeful or thrill seeker?

There are other questions but you get the idea.
As for me, I'd keep the R8. My kids are grown. My wife likes for me to have something hot and sporty. I don't ride people in my backseats and don't need them. I love the aggressive handling of sport cars. I have so many reasons for having a sport car over a sport sedan but these are a few.

But the salesman in me tells me the OP is going to trade. Once that seed is planted and the itch to buy happens, it has to be scratched.
Just do it and stop commiserating over it.

Reactions: LINDW4LL

·
Registered
105 Posts
I faced the same decision.. So I went with both!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not to thread jack but since you asked..
RS and S

Recently wrapped the R8 matte charcoal

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
OP, the RS 6 is obviously faster and it's an absolute missile. But you will lose the exotic/lightweight feeling of the R8. Tough decision for sure.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
R8 is a great car but I just love new rs6 I would go for it for sure

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are times questions like these confound me.
Buying cars is emotional for the most part. If it was all about transportation we'd all be driving econo-boxes.
Its all about what you want. We're gonna tell you our opinions and you're gonna do whatever you want.

As a salesman, I'd ask questions like these:
-Has there been any changes to the family or do you mostly use the car yourself?

There are other questions but you get the idea.
As for me, I'd keep the R8. My kids are grown. My wife likes for me to have something hot and sporty. I don't ride people in my backseats and don't need them. I love the aggressive handling of sport cars. I have so many reasons for having a sport car over a sport sedan but these are a few.

But the salesman in me tells me the OP is going to trade. Once that seed is planted and the itch to buy happens, it has to be scratched.
Just do it and stop commiserating over it.
Hm, well I dont think it's emotional, I've had that many cars I have lost count.

Here in Aus, we have the problem whereas, the R8 is holding it's value quite well considering..
The R8 cost well in to the mid 200K USD mark, whereas the RS6 heads in to the high 200k USD mark..

So I cant afford both, otherwise I would have an aventador - 550K USD.
To answer your questions;

Myself, I have a 4x4 Hack and a motorbike for the most part.
I am Single and 26 years of age.

Both, I do alot of kms hence I have put about 7000kms on the R8 in 6 Months, I've also tried to use my hack for
the mostpart (Roughly 10,000kms in 6 Months) Although, it not suitable to visit the majority of my clients.

How long is a piece of string, generally until I get bored, least was about 3 months, most was about 2 years.

Both, I would enjoy being able to throw the dog (60kg GSD) in the back, and go away for the weekend with friends,
rather than riding around in the 4x4.

The good thing about the RS6 methinks is that a lot of people dont truly understand what the car is, to some, its just another wagon, whereas the R8 is instinctively supercar and a bit of a wow factor (without sounding to wanky - its no lambo or rolls)
But then I love the R8 for what it does and how well it does it..

Bit of a catch-22 I suppose..
I dont really have any need to get rid of the R8, I do love the RS6..

And TBH, usually once the itch is there, I dont think twice.
But the R8, is just so good at what it does and how it does it, that this time round it is a real conundrum.

I've had everything under the sun, 4x4, supercars, sedans, hatches, 4 5 6 8 10 12 cylinders etc..
Just wanted to see if anyone had the same issue as what I am going through ATM.

TimTaylor - Mine is identical to that, without the wrap and in daytona grey :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts