Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I have found a very sweet 2005 c55. I was not necessarily looking for one, but it is gorgeous and has 75k miles. I do know a bit about MBZ (my dad is on his second and my mother is on her second) but have never owned one, especially one with the AMG package.

So here is my question, should I:

1) Sell the vehicle I have a purchase the c55 (currently own a 2005 Denali truck and a 97 328is - Daily beater)?

2) Keep what I have and save up for the c63?

3) Sell what I have and buy something else?

or

4) Sell my soul and buy an SLS?:bitenails::bitenails:

Help me out l4p people! Let me know what all I can do with a c55!!! If its worth it or not...

Oh, btw, its the Granite Gray with black leather interior.;)

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Chances are if you are choosing between a C55 and saving your money, you probably can't afford an SLS.

Souls don't have that much resale value. Just sayin'

My opinion: If you haven't been in many nice cars, the C55 will probably bring smiles to your face on a daily basis. If your parents have new-generation Benzes, you'll feel cheap driving around in a C55 (the interior is better than the standard C and the C32, but its still not on the level with an '05-newer E-class or CLS.)

There are other things I'd rather get in the ~$20k range. I'd list some but I don't know what your preferences are.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
4.... you can find e55's too in the mid 20's

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
option 2.

at 75k miles, it won't be long before all the major service is due. a 2005 probably won't be covered by an extended warranty. so figure $20k plus another $1-2k for everything in the next year or so?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
all my friends say the C55 is a chick car. so i say save your $$$ and like some people has mentioned in this post, C63,E55 or E63.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
these threads....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts