Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, great forum.... first post !

Always loved the Diablo 6.0, looking at the values why so much of a premium over 2002-03 Murcielagos ? I am assuming production of the 6.0s was alot less ...

Can someone who has experienced both give some insight to the driving characteristics of both ?

Thanks - Hirsh.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Okay, here is my driving experience with these 2. I used to work for a Lambo dealership in Germany way back, this is how I know this, just in case you are wondering.

Some Lambo owners will want to Burn me for this, I will try to make it short........:

The Diablo is an original Lambo, it is a really mean machine. Of course its all that what you are looking for in a great supercar, but you have to be careful when it comes to driving. The cars back then did not really have any driver aids and if they did, they where not that good. If you are driving along in your diablo in the rain for example, you really need to be careful, because it slides everywhere if you give it a tiny to much power. Basically, it is more of a challenge to drive, you really need to know the car.

The Murcielago is a great Lambo aswell. Everything you want. The biggest problem is when it comes to driving it to the limit. I noticed this on some track days we organised. It feels amazing, ie. grip etc., so push it a little further and suddenly you fly off the track.
It has a high limit, but if you push it a little over that, you lose control.
J. Clarkson expresses this also very well in one of the episodes.

I'd prefer the Murcié over a Diablo anytime, since its more civilised.

I hope I could help a little....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fantastic review, thanks for the info ... makes sense

how does the power band in both cars compare, very close I would assume ?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I would say that the power bands are similar, not close though. In the Murcié, atleast thats my feeling, if you floor it you get pressed more into your seat than in the Diablo. Still, a Diablo is not slow.......

One thing that I forgot about the Murcié, if you get the Flappy Paddle Gearbox, watch out when you shift down for the first time, because the car unexpectedly pushes itself forwards when you do (does this make sense?). Thats just something to get used to.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I would say that the power bands are similar, not close though. In the Murcié, atleast thats my feeling, if you floor it you get pressed more into your seat than in the Diablo. Still, a Diablo is not slow.......

One thing that I forgot about the Murcié, if you get the Flappy Paddle Gearbox, watch out when you shift down for the first time, because the car unexpectedly pushes itself forwards when you do (does this make sense?). Thats just something to get used to.
Are you downshifting at the wrong time?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
After owning 2 Diablos and a Murci... The 6.0 is VERY similar to an early 6 speed Murci.. Powerwise they are very close, what makes the Murci faster for some is a smoother and easier to maneuver gearbox. In the rain, both cars are allwheel drive, neither will have any issues unless you drive like an idiot. The Diablo is a little more RAW than the Murci. A 6.0 will hold its value better than an early Murci.. Id get a 6.0 over an 02-03 Murci, but would get a later model Murci over the 6.0.

·
Registered
323 Posts

That is NOT an early Murcie IMO, the floopy paddles came out in 2004 cars..which also locked down the computers and did other things,not to mention the 04 E-Gear was nothing to write home about..

The "Early" Murcie is the 02-03 cars, which IMO till this day are better than 04/05/06 cars. The 2007 Lp640 cars went the xtra mile when introduced.

The 6.0 is considered the last true hand built Lamborghini prior to AUdi getting to invloved. With less that 260 worldwide production and 150 of that to the USA, they hold a special place for quite a few exotic car owners. The 6.0, a good tuned one, can and will keep up with a 02-03 Murcie..and will for SURE kill a 04-06 stock Murcie...

As far as price point, the 6.0 cars have been holding and percentage wise keep more of their introduction MSRP than a 04-06 Murcie, while the 02 03 cars are also doing better than a 04-06 car as well.

10 years from now, a 6.0 will still get more attention and bring more investment return than any murcie produced...percentage wise.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Roy, thanks for the great info... why do you say that the 2004 e gear murcie is nothing to write home about ?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The 6.0 is considered the last true hand built Lamborghini prior to AUdi getting to invloved. With less that 260 worldwide production and 150 of that to the USA, they hold a special place for quite a few exotic car owners. The 6.0, a good tuned one, can and will keep up with a 02-03 Murcie..and will for SURE kill a 04-06 stock Murcie...

10 years from now, a 6.0 will still get more attention and bring more investment return than any murcie produced...percentage wise.
I def. agree on this.

Great review....

·
Registered
323 Posts
Roy, thanks for the great info... why do you say that the 2004 e gear murcie is nothing to write home about ?

IMO, the 04-06 cars had their computers locked down as well as the rev limiters turned way back and limited..really every single one is the same and allows for no "fine" tuning of the car iwth all its computer lock outs..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Does the Murcie offer any more legroom/headroom compared to the 6.0?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes The murcie has quite a bit more leg room. I had both the 6.0 and a Murcie roadster the 6.0 forced me to drive with my legs bent while the Murci I can drive with my legs stretched out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not sure I had an 06 convertible that I traded my purple diablo 6.0 for. I still regret that decision. the 6.0 gave me no problems outside of the god aweful expensive clutch change. the Murci was frankly a bit of a lemon. The Murci was much more comfortable though.. I know and driven a few early Murcies that felt "stronger" and who the owners did not have as many complaints as mine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts