Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
crazy, however On the bright side, if I had a '11000m' 2012 Camaro and they wrote it off, I would be making them give me a new one straight up, and be servicing it for life to regain my 'trust'

·
Registered
620 Posts
I really hate stories like this. I hate seeing dirtbag employees destroying someone else's property.

Reactions: slik560

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Nothing new. I saw a tech literally, movie quality style, jump a mustang at least 2ft of air under the tires over "the jump" train tracks on linton ave. I took the raptor over it at 50mph and got a little air this dude must have been going 60-65 in a customers mustang

·
Registered
545 Posts
Wow, if the dealer didn't agree to a brand new ZL1 for me I would be livid. This is why I have trouble leaving my cars alone when they're worked on.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Similar thing happened to me. I dropped my 3 year old Vette off for a key fob replacement and reprograming at the dealership. When I came to pick it up, the front bumper, drivers quarter, and foglight were all bashed. They tried to say it came in that way. When I asked why it had 18 miles more on it then when I dropped it off (showing them my cell phone pic) they said there was no proof of when it was taken. I refused to take the car and told them I would be contacting my attorney. It was only after I threatened to call GM that they agreed to repair (days later). Flash forward a few years to this summer, I was at a car show with my GTM when I got talking to a young man about LS engines. I told him about my LS3 nitrous Vette (distintive because it has skulls airbrushed on the fuel rail covers). He said "I know that car, that is the car that got smashed at my dealer. He went on to say that a salesman took a customer out in my car since they had no Vettes in stock but had several on the way. When they got back to the dealer the customer let out the clutch and it learched forward hitting their service bay door.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Every car owners nightmare when you hand your keys over to the mechanics. I remember this happening with a few vipers. Hope the owner gets a new ZL1.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
He went on to say that a salesman took a customer out in my car since they had no Vettes in stock but had several on the way. When they got back to the dealer the customer let out the clutch and it learched forward hitting their service bay door.

This must be more common than I thought, I have driven 3 customers cars while they were in for service unknown to them.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I had a friend who worked at a shop show me a video of him driving a customers lambo...the owner would not be happy if he saw the video. I think it happens far too often.
F*ck, do people have no respect nowadays? It says a lot about a person when they would rather potentially trash a person's prized possession on public roads, rather than pay $200 for an exotic driving experience on a race track.

·
Registered
913 Posts
This is why I hate the fact that I have to have my car serviced at a dealer/shop to keep my warranty when I am more than capable of doing it myself, my previous 2 cars would go in every now and then for small things like an aircon regas and it would always come back with some other random unrelated issue I would end up fixing myself, not only do I not trust the half assed work they do sometimes, I have many mechanic friends that have plenty of stories about customer cars they take out for "test drives" to make sure everything is ok when they finished working on it. (80 kmph sideways in an sti on a main road is one of those stories, i didnt think those cars were meant to go sideways unless on dirt...)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This must be more common than I thought, I have driven 3 customers cars while they were in for service unknown to them.
Did you purchase a vehicle from the dealership that let you drive someones car? Maybe it just me but there is no way i would knowingly drive another customers car without permission.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Did you purchase a vehicle from the dealership that let you drive someones car? Maybe it just me but there is no way i would knowingly drive another customers car without permission.
I read his statement as being that he had driven his client's cars (I believe he is/was a track instructor).

But your scenario seems much more likely.

·
Registered
43 Posts
F*ck, do people have no respect nowadays? It says a lot about a person when they would rather potentially trash a person's prized possession on public roads, rather than pay $200 for an exotic driving experience on a race track.
I know the shop, it was two minutes away from my house, there are no safe roads around it to push a car. So he either took a long drive to the highway or countryside or he drove on unsafe roads. If he had wrecked it he would have been fucked.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Hense why I do my own work unless I cannot possibly do it

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Some of the comments at the bottom are amazing! Several people think it's GM's responsibility to buy him a new car, not the dealership

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Some of the comments at the bottom are amazing! Several people think it's GM's responsibility to buy him a new car, not the dealership
If I was in charge of GM, I would be taking notice of this. If the dealer did not make the customer happy, it is GM's responsibility to step up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts