Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm still on the hunt for the right Jeep SRT. The 2015s seem to have everything I need, mainly no chrome grill, no chrome emblem, and like the newer glossy black wheels, not a fan of the spider monkey wheels. The ones available in BC are $80k+, however I found one in ontario for $71k, might be able to drop it down.

My wondering if I go to my local Chrysler dealer and buy the car through them, how would the transportation work ?
- Would I have to pay full cost ?
- Do I pay half and they pay half ?
- Or can the dealer cover it ?

I know the dealers will try and bend me over and try to get every dollar out of me, but I wanna know a bit so i'm not completely taken as a sucker.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I got my Maserati from dealer to dealer. Didn't have to pay shipping. Regardless, if your saving that kind of cash shipping can't possibly be more than 1000.

As for the trade every place I've delt with will buy the car sight unseen no problem but those are generally exotic car dealers. If your swapping and old suv for a new one your throwing a wrench in it. They might just charge you shipping and give you a bottom dollar auction block price for it

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ I'm not expecting it to be anything under a $1000, i'm wondering if its free or would I have to pay something, i'm not gonna pay the full price. I ask cause the dealers in my town shysters.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Buy directly from ontario.. you pay the shipping of yours they pay theirs. That's how every trade I have done worked out.
Skip your dealer in bc

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I buy cars remotely all the time. Just skip your BC dealer unless you have a relationship with the sales person or want to develop one. As long as your credit is OK you should be able to take care of the financing remotely as well.

Some sales people can really suck and some are awesome so good luck!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I buy cars remotely all the time. Just skip your BC dealer unless you have a relationship with the sales person or want to develop one. As long as your credit is OK you should be able to take care of the financing remotely as well.

Some sales people can really suck and some are awesome so good luck!
This was my suggestion. Just buy the car directly from the dealer who has it in stock, unless you are trying to maintain a relationship with your local dealer.

If this is not an option, I'd just ask the dealer if they will ship it for you. I know higher end brands (Mercedes, Maserati, Porsche, etc) will do this for you, as long as it is going between certified dealers. My friend purchased an AMG Merc this way.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What i'm thinking and hoping is trade in the Q7 to my local dealer and see if they can purchase and deliver the jeep from ontario, but it all comes down to $$$.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Could always discuss with them and see what they say. As long as it's going from Chrysler to Chrysler, I don't see why they wouldn't do a dealer trade or ship it for you.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I went to my local dealer the other day to see what they would say....

Basically I would have to pay for the whole shipping + all taxes, on top of that they found every which way to bring down the price on the Audi down...

"Oh the previous owners where from the states ? Yeahhh lot of people in Canada won't want to buy a car thats been out of country " It's European its most likely built and assembled on a different continent maybe several, I dunno does Audi have a factory in N.America ? I always thought they did.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Sounds like it might be worth it to deal exclusively with the other dealer. Drive the Audi there, drive the SRT home.

Reactions: Redx

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got a Jeep SRT

So basically we had to go to the big city. Brand new 2015 black, still had the wrap on the seats. The car is just insane. I'll post some pics in the upcoming days.:clap:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Awesome! Glad it worked out.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 15s still have chrome unless you opt for the Red Vapor edition.
I'll probably have the black grill rings and bottom chrome rings taken out and sprayed black in the new year, the wheels look a lot better in person, i'm digging them, pain to clean tho.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Very nice.

Reactions: Redx
1 - 20 of 21 Posts