Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at 2011-2012 911 Turbo S or R8 V10 but I love the look of the DBS. For the price to be similar, I have to look at a 2009-2010 DBS. In Canada, the AM warranty is 2 years so it will be expired.

Does anyone have any reliability figures/experience with the 2009-2010 DBS? Any major issues? I know the R8 & Turbo S out perform the DBS but I love the look of the DBS. There are a ton of 911's where I live, a few R8's but hardly any AM.

Anyone know what the major importing issues are specifically with the DBS to be brought into Canada from the US other than DRL?

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have an 09 DBS and absolutely love it! I use it as my DD. Bought mine with 15k miles on it and it's been completely reliable thus far.
I've had a Vantage before and it was also had no issues. I think you'll be very happy with the DBS. Keep in mind it is a GT car so very different from an R8 or 911 Turbo.

·
Registered
332 Posts
my mom used to have an old db9 couple of years ago. it had a couple of electronical issues ( central locking, boot release and i think the passenger window motor ) but nothing major and it was still a ford-era car.

i havent heard anything bad about the cars since AM is privat owned. I personally would go with DBS just because the finish is just that bit better than on the audi or porsche ( but not by much ). and of course its just sexy and a real head turner :) not a boy racer head turner like the R8 maybe but still something really special and desirable :)

either way all three cars are great and every choice out of those three would be a great one :)

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I have an '08 DB9 with 32K miles on it. Zero issues to date.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Also in Canada, the very little information on reliability made me stay away from a DBS, for a long time but since I opened up a new shop with intelligent reliable mechanics fear of the expensive repairs have left my mind. I would also like to know if people had any major problems.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have an 09 DBS and absolutely love it! I use it as my DD. Bought mine with 15k miles on it and it's been completely reliable thus far.
I've had a Vantage before and it was also had no issues. I think you'll be very happy with the DBS. Keep in mind it is a GT car so very different from an R8 or 911 Turbo.
I would see why you would love it!

·
Banned
167 Posts
I have both 911 (2011 TTS) and R8 (2012 V10 Spyder). The 911 is rock solid. The R8 has minor issues.

The DBS looks BONKERS. That being said, I'd lease one rather than buying and importing.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
911's & R8's are very different from a DBS IMHO. As stated before a DBS is a proper GT car where as the other two I would consider more to be "track car" especially the 911. Personally, a DBS is something you can truly daily drive and enjoy. Its comfortable, plenty of trunk space and the ride is perfect going around town. Plus the DBS just has that timeless looks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Deal done...'12 Turbo S

Reactions: EV
1 - 13 of 13 Posts