1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I personally felt like it wasn't as good as previous shows, especially given the weather. What did you think? To me it was just a lot of the same people and same car's that I've seen in months past.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was disappointed honestly, but I'd never been to Dallas C&C before. More disappointed with the massive crowds, commercial tents, and some really weird additions (Primered 90s Nissan w/ fart can in the display area, etc). I'm more used to the informal C&C crowd - like the Original Cars & Coffee at Crystal Cove in Newport wayy back in the day.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hey Palmer, What Camera and lens on first pic?

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I was disappointed honestly, but I'd never been to Dallas C&C before. More disappointed with the massive crowds, commercial tents, and some really weird additions (Primered 90s Nissan w/ fart can in the display area, etc). I'm more used to the informal C&C crowd - like the Original Cars & Coffee at Crystal Cove in Newport wayy back in the day.
The original C&C at Crystal Cove was the best. I used to go every weekend and at that point it was just a bunch of guys who got together each weekend for the fun of it.

Reactions: palmer8

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agreed. I lived Nor Cal but every time I was with family in Newport I would go and there just was nothing better. Irvine C&C still is great and I'm glad it's still going on, but I still wish for something like the good old days at Crystal Cove. For what its worth, Irvine still maintains a focus on enthusiasts chatting and just enjoying other cars - no tents, people selling crap, advertisements, etc., which is what kind of threw me off seeing at Dallas C&C.

All photos were taken with a Nikon D7000 and a 50mm f/1.4

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
I missed this one. But I do agree on the crowd, cars and tents.

It's actually a shame because I know for a FACT that Dallas and particularly North, have some ubber nice Luxury & Exotics!

Back in the day I used to organize meets once a month in the Frisco area. Several years and a couple of kids later, I hadn't done much.
However... I've had the itch to "meet and greet" and talk/show cars again! I actually just posted up in this section moments ago. Hope you guys can make it:
http://www.luxury4play.com/south-southwest/176529-has-begun-local-texas-meet-come-one-come-all.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts