Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So It looks like I sold the family Daily which is a 800HP GTR and I say family daily because my GF drives it and I ride my bike 5 blocks to work. On weekend I get drunk and she drives me around SOOOOOOO really I dont drive at all but I want a McLaren. I was thinking of getting another GTR (only sold mine because I could not pass up on the price) but I have another GTR and always felt odd with two. My other GTR can not be daily driven its a monster and not reliable. When I do drive it usually on a 2-3 hour trip. The GTR was so perfect for that.

Whats the Clutch life?

Maintenance Costs?

Hows the boot space?

Anyone have a ton of miles on theirs?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Can't help you with the questions but I just wanna leave my 2 cents. Personally I could never use a sport car worth a $100k or even close to even the GTR. For me they would be more of a "take it for a cruise once or twice a week". I would think driving them everyday would get boring and lose the novelty. But to each its own, good luck hope you find something new that you like :)

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Would like to know some of the answers to your questions as well. At a quick glance it appears it should be almost as practical as my R8. I think I'd like to eventually make the swap. There are no dealers around me but I think I can get around that.

·
Registered
545 Posts
For a Daily I say.... Audi A7 :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
shmee150, a quite famous youtuber, just traded in his R8 Spider for a used MP4-12C and daily-s the shat out of it now - he even went on Nordschleife and doesn't care too much about depreciation etc but it looks like a lot of fun to daily a McLaren! :)

PS: Pictures or it didn't happen! ;) :clap:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Worst Daily Ever..... sold it
I don't mean to veer off topic, but could you explain your FJ experience a bit more?

I've considered picking one up for DD purposes.

Also, I also wanna see these 12C pics! :)

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya I bought an FJ with a 10" lift and GIANT tires and full off road suspension where the rear hatch was welded shut among other stupid shit. The truck was built to NEVER be on the road and ALWAYS be on the rocks...... I thought it looked cool so I bought it. When I got it I realized it was never going to be a daily and I sold it.

Mclaren is Paid for now I just need to go get it. The color sucks balls (black sapphire) but I plan on wrapping it. I was between two cars a gray car I really loved with the highest window I ever saw 292k or this Black car with a good window at 267. I really loved the gray car but in the end the black car was a deal too good to pass up. What funny is even now I regret getting the black over the gray but being that I as in the car business for 7 years I always think about resale. Ill be able to drive the black one without getting hurt and the gray one I would have lost after driving.

I don't mean to veer off topic, but could you explain your FJ experience a bit more?

I've considered picking one up for DD purposes.

Also, I also wanna see these 12C pics! :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Can't help you with the questions but I just wanna leave my 2 cents. Personally I could never use a sport car worth a $100k or even close to even the GTR. For me they would be more of a "take it for a cruise once or twice a week". I would think driving them everyday would get boring and lose the novelty. But to each its own, good luck hope you find something new that you like :)
Never understood this. Driving an exotic as a daily allows me to get more familiar and comfortable with the small details of the car. It's like learning the curves, likes and dislikes of my girlfriend. I laugh at owners who fork over exorbitant sums of cash to have a garage queen, go buy fine art to look at, you won't hemorrhage as much coin through depreciation.

IMO worrying about putting mileage on one's F-car because you're scared of depreciation is like not having sex with your girlfriend because you're saving her for the next guy. Life is short and then you die, might as well enjoy it while you can.

Do you only like having sex with your girl on the weekend? I sure don't.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Never understood this. Driving an exotic as a daily allows me to get more familiar and comfortable with the small details of the car. It's like learning the curves, likes and dislikes of my girlfriend. I laugh at owners who fork over exorbitant sums of cash to have a garage queen, go buy fine art to look at, you won't hemorrhage as much coin through depreciation.

IMO worrying about putting mileage on one's F-car because you're scared of depreciation is like not having sex with your girlfriend because you're saving her for the next guy. Life is short and then you die, might as well enjoy it while you can.

Do you only like having sex with your girl on the weekend? I sure don't.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: The Oss
1 - 20 of 20 Posts