Luxury4Play.com banner

Daily Driver

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have done this before amongst my group of automotive enthusiasts. I am in a bit of a stump...

I just made a great amount of money on the stock Go Pro, chased it up with shares and Calls and bought a lot of Puts and shorted it into its ER. Had a lot of Call options for Facebook and Twitter at ER as well.

Would love to hear you guys opinion on the following options...

1. Ferrari FF : Would be a ton of fun year round, even in our CND winter. Best of all, with 3 of my buddies and a huge trunk.

2. Phantom Coupe : Would be a very comfortable daily and has a great amount of road presence.

3. Bentley Supersports & Aston Martin DBS : Could afford both for the price of option 1 and 2. Bentley would be used in the winter and DBS in the summer as daily's.

Thanks for any input boys

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have no experience with any of them but like the sound of option 3

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
FF. It is truly a car that can do everything and ticks all of the boxes IMO. The Phantom is a good choice but it's a boat, whereas the FF still resembles a sports car.

-V12 and the accompanying exhaust note
-Good looks
-4 seats,
-Sporty but luxurious

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FF. It is truly a car that can do everything and ticks all of the boxes IMO. The Phantom is a good choice but it's a boat, whereas the FF still resembles a sports car.

-V12 and the accompanying exhaust note
-Good looks
-4 seats,
-Sporty but luxurious
You make valid points brother. I am leaning a bit towards the FF.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Hard to deny an SS and DBS, but I think the FF with 2 sets of wheels/tires is hard to beat...plus isn't it RWD above 50mph(?) anyway?

RWD in summer...AWD in winter...same car...win...win.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Man I wish I had your problems!

I'll preface my comment with the fact that i have not owned or driven any of these cars, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

That being said, what are the priorities of the daily.
- Obviously comfort is up there, but how much do you care about speed / exoticness?
- How often are you driving other people with you?
- What other cars do you have/will you own? Obviously The Beast and SL are there for when you wanna scare the shit out of yourself, but do you have any 4 door cars, or would the new DD be the most practical.
- Will you mod them much/at all?

Hopefully my post will at least help answer some questions for yourself and help with the decision process.

If I had a TTG and SL, and wanted just a DD, i'd probably go for the Bentley / Aston route.
However, since winter is probably going to creep up on you somewhat quickly, how long would you be driving the Aston for before it gets locked up and the Bentley comes out. might just be another thing to consider, in which case maybe the Ferrari is the best bet.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Option 3. You're getting a 2 for 1 vs the others, 2 is always better than 1 bro. You have wicked lambo's, the Aston and Bentley will diversify the stable.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
RR. Those other cars are all amazing but you can splash buckets of swagu on the plebs in comfort with the Phantom coupe

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hard to deny an SS and DBS, but I think the FF with 2 sets of wheels/tires is hard to beat...plus isn't it RWD above 50mph(?) anyway?

RWD in summer...AWD in winter...same car...win...win.
It's AWD in the first 4 gears, after that it's RWD only.

And I think the FF is by far the best option here. The Bentley and the DBS are too similar imo. Even though the DBS is one of my favourites, they are both big, luxury GT cars so why have both?

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's AWD in the first 4 gears, after that it's RWD only.

And I think the FF is by far the best option here. The Bentley and the DBS are too similar imo. Even though the DBS is one of my favourites, they are both big, luxury GT cars so why have both?
They are in the same category of cars but the similarities stop there, for me at least. A manual 6spd naturally aspirated V12 and a twin turbo w12. I can see wanting to drive either of those cars on different occasions.

My two closest friends would go with option 3. I like the idea of having fun in a practical Ferrari year round but a Phantom Coupe is an awesome car that would be a dream to own and I have always wanted a DBS and SS.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Man I wish I had problems like this... Teach me? haha.

I voted AM+Bentley because I love the looks of the AM, and the Bentley looks pretty boss too...

However, there is no denying the presence of the Rolls. These opinions are solely based on looks because I am yet to have the experience of driving/being in any of the above...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I'd have to go SS/DBS route.

Although if garage space is limited the FF is where it is at.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts