Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's been envious of me having one for the last two years and the local AD still has one NIB.

Question he has...is it a bad "investment"?

My mom's busting his butt about it.

Take note: he has a couple GMT-IIs, a PAM, and another watch.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The watch that consistently gets the most wrist time. Just fits my active/retired lifestyle. Get it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Horrible investment. Amazing watch. It will never appreciate and value won't keep up with inflation. However, he can love wearing it for many years.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Horrible investment. Amazing watch. It will never appreciate and value won't keep up with inflation. However, he can love wearing it for many years.
Huh? I bought mine 13 years ago and i haven't seen any sea-dwellers for 3k lately. Not necessarily an investment but a rolex will always be worth something.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I guess it depends on what you are comparing it to...montoya AP at msrp vs SD yeah but vs a tag or something more normal, nope.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well compared to an actual investment like a mutual fund or something sure, it's bad. bt as far as the joy and pleasure he will get out of it and the fact that he can likely sell it whenever he wants for a minimal loss, no it's not a bad investment.

Is it a DSSD or a SD?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Moms, GFs and wives will all give us crap over watch purchases….tell your pops to man up and get what he wants

·
Registered
557 Posts
Wow. Local AD still with a new one, huh? He should be able to get a good deal on it. I say go for it. I prefer the SD over the DSSD all day.
Really:eek:hwell:

I prefer the DSSD to teh SD any day of the week, don't really love the SD.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Wow. Local AD still with a new one, huh? He should be able to get a good deal on it. I say go for it. I prefer the SD over the DSSD all day.
Agree with Blair. If you AD still has one, BUY it. It's most likely the V serial. Definitely worth the money and good investment (not saying you can make profit but a watch that will hold its value)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts