Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Are you interested in the GL class at all? I've been driving my dad's '10 GL450 for a few weeks now and I absolutely love it. No issues whatsoever, rides nice, pretty quick, very roomy, and looks good too. The new gen GL just came out too, and there's a AMG model available too.
I'll have him take a look at it. Size wise, what would you compare it to? Larger or smaller than a BMW X5, or about the same?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'd say look into a Mercedes G Class

·
Registered
693 Posts
We have two Range Rover Sports ('08 and '11) that have been wonderful. Unless Land Rover botches the styling for the next Sport, I'll be buying the next one too.

However, we just got an ML63, and I have to say it's pretty amazing. It is absurdly quick, but I'm not a huge fan of the satnav system. I would definitely check it out though.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
We have two Range Rover Sports ('08 and '11) that have been wonderful. Unless Land Rover botches the styling for the next Sport, I'll be buying the next one too.

However, we just got an ML63, and I have to say it's pretty amazing. It is absurdly quick, but I'm not a huge fan of the satnav system. I would definitely check it out though.
What are the major differences between the Sport and the regular Range Rover?

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
The Sport is a little smaller on the inside. It also looks much sexier. Some people say the Sport feels cheaper on the inside- not sure why as I haven't compared them directly.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The Sport is a little smaller on the inside. It also looks much sexier. Some people say the Sport feels cheaper on the inside- not sure why as I haven't compared them directly.
I agree with the looks, but I think he's wanting the extra room of the regular Range Rover

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's larger than the X5. This is the new AMG model, looks pretty nice IMO.

Also note the 2012 models also come with BiTurbo V8 4.L and 5.5L since you said he's into HP, also you should get a good price on a used one. I think its a really good car and size wise its much closer to an Escalade compared to an X5 which is for sure smaller then the GL. Heard good things about the GL but you guys should really do a good research before.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I drove a GL 350 Bluetec recently. I was thoroughly impressed. Sure its not a horsepower monster but it has some nice torque and the MPG is awesome.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Range Rover is my vote. I was looking at the GL prior to my purchase, and I've got to say that the GL is by far, "nicer" than the Range Rover. What I mean by nicer is: the interior of the GL is in-line with all of the Benz models, very well put together and super luxurious. Range Rover is more rugged, whereas the GL is more refined. RR interior is more basic, but I kind of like that, all that flashy chrome trim and wood interior will only get old with the car. The RR to me, is a vehicle that stands up against the sands of time. The GL, to put in perspective, is the soccer mom vehicle of choice in Los Angeles. I live by a posh private school, and GL after GL (and a lot of RR Sports) are parked one after the other to pick up their kids.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yeah, I showed him the GL and he wasn't a fan. Still trying my damnedest to get him in an X5M, but he says it doesn't look like a true SUV to him. So far, he's in love with the Range Rover Supercharged, so I believe that's the path he will go. It just bothers me how many Range Rovers you see on the streets these days. I've always loved feeling "exclusive" with my cars, but he doesn't much care. And for my peace of mind, I don't believe I've even seen a Supercharged one anywhere near where he lives lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can't remember a time where he hasn't owned and American vehicle.
When people say they only want to own American cars they should open their eyes to the fact that the unions have made labor FAR more expensive, to the point where American car companies need to cut corners elsewhere to compete. I read in the WSJ about a guy who was on strike with the UAW, he was a janitor for GM making 80k per year and was demanding a raise...

I probably won't buy an American car unless it is a limo. (Towncar or 300 is the ticket!)

21 - 40 of 46 Posts