Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never posted up any car pics/projects so I thought I would post up my current project that I am doing for my Dad. He wanted something kind of "rat rod style". I hate that expression but I will give him a break because he doesn't know any better.

So I have had this 56 Buick Wagon for a couple years so I thought this would be something cool for him to take the shows at home ( I am from Illinois but live in Bakersfield,CA). We are going to build him a surf wagon. The car has been sitting forever so we pulled it out a couple weeks ago chopped the coils and threw some bias plye wide white walls on some chrome smoothies I had sitting in the garage. The car is going to have the original 322 nailhead and stock transmission. The only modern updates to the car will be Air Ride and it will lay frame. Other than that it is just going to be down and dirty stocker. I found 1956 original plates for the car and am looking for some kind of roof rack for the surf boards. If the budget allows I might add a 3x2 carb setup which would be awesome.

Anyway I dont know how many guys are into a slammed 50's wagon that is all rust but here it is. Also will through up my daily driver right now. 1971 Pontiac Lemans with 60k original miles and 14 inch cragars (now thats old school lol)

Now lets see if I can get the damn pictures up.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
awesome

·
Registered
391 Posts
Cool wagon. Dont misplace any of that trim, its pretty rare. Restoration parts are going to be hard to find. Looking for a 3x2 set up? Check out the H.A.M.B. or perhaps the West Coast Kustoms show this weekend in Santa Maria.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I will post up pictures as we make progress. Got the 1956 Cali Plates this week and hopefully it will be bagged in the next couple weeks. Thinking Lake Pipes for exhaust.

The Lemans is pretty cool. It was a little old ladies car until 2 years ago when she passed away. I got the car from her niece. It has all of the service records and origonal bill of sale. I think of it as the "Little old lady of Bakersfield" car. Sport 400 and bucket seats. The week I got it I put the wheels, tires, and exhaust on it and made it a fun cruiser.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sweet project i love wagons. Some day i will own a pro touring style nomad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts