Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to invest in a nice (but not too nice) wattch winder for a friends birthday. I think this will be a great addition to his growing collection. So far, the Volta Signature double watch winder, carbon fiber really stands out to me. But then again,I don't know what I'm looking for. Does anyone have a little more information than whats given online? Like, the life span, is it worth the money spent? Or is there a better, in the same price range, line?

·
10,594 Posts
They are pretty decent. They use the Japanese Mabuchi motors. Quiet and reliable. Wolf Designs use the same motors but they have nothing in CF. Life span is like any other electronic gadget that is constantly running. Is it worth it? That's up to you and your desire to have your watches keeping proper time. Watchmakers also say that the winders help keep the parts properly lubricated. Google Mabuchi motors and you will see other winders that use that motor. If you want nicer, look at Orbita, Swiss Kubik, Scatola, Buben Zorweg etc. but that's gonna cost you. Seems like Volta are the only ones that stand out with that "High Tech" look in that price range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts