Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody,

I will be attending a cruise with my family soon to Ensanada. The cruise ship line says that they have an art auction presented by Park West. This company is supposedly based in the East Coast. Has anybody done any form of transaction with this company, and if so, were you satisfied with what you got? Because as I Googled them, they either have horrible, or great reviews. So any information that will not obfuscate the facts any more would be appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
Pretty sure that's the company Carnival uses on their ships, though don't quote me on it.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I have bought about 10 dalis from them.

Never had an issue, and always great delivery with COA

·
Gold Sponsor
1,534 Posts
they are nothing but CRIMINALS at park west, the got bought selling fake art one time, and they are so overpriced its not funny. first of all its not an auction, its a sale. lets say they have a work of art they want to sell for 3k, its probably worth about $200, but lets say they want 3k for it, they start th eliding at 3k, if you raise your hand, you bought it for 3 k, if 2 people raise their hand they both buy one for 3k. 99% of what they have is prints, not original art. they sell tons of peter max, he is great, i know the man, but the prices that they say things are worth are nuts. Go for the free champagne, listen to the bs they spew, but DO NOT BUY, if you see something you want, make a note of it, and i know a local guy who can get it for you for about a third of park west.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts