Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
WOW, thats fvcked up. i prob woulda pooped my pants on that flight.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I bet that plane had no one on it other than crew they may have been looking for a problem or checking something out. Just my guess

·
Registered
530 Posts
Testing certain situations is my guess. One was here not to long ago doing hot weather testing. Bet that would keep the passengers in their seats :lol:

·
Registered
448 Posts
No, this is why the call the Scarebusses. The pic shows the aileron actuator mounts from a recent A-320 incident. The pilot had an aileron lockout situation while in the landing pattern. The bottom of it attaches to the lower wing skin, the large bearing hole is where it attaches to the actuator. The top portion with the large casting broken off is where it used to attach to the wing spar. This was not due to an overstress situation and is not the only case of this happening recently.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
lol That thing reminds me of a Rolls Royce Phantom with wings. Still HUGE but surprisingly agile and quick for their size.

One of my best friends has a few airplanes and one stunt plane. He's taken me out for barrel roles, crazy take-offs, flying upside down etc. It's DEF not for everyone, that's for damn sure.

·
Registered
803 Posts
at what point does these things stall?
That is a tough questions to answer. The stall speed varies upon the load factor, configuration, altitude, temperature, and bank angle. For instance at max weight with a clean configuration the plane would stall at around 140-150kts (just my guess, don't quote me on it) but the airplane's Fly By Wire system will not allow the plane to stall. If need be it will override the pilot's inputs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts