Luxury4Play.com banner

couldnt see it posted so... Al-Thani BabyBlue LP670 crash

5K views 28 replies 26 participants last post by  Arkitek 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Just read the article... they make it seem like there are a lot of irresponsible people out there shipping their cars from out of the country to there and just completely not giving a f*ck about the local laws.

I can't comment from experience but if it's true they need to lay the smack down. Money talks though and I'm sure the stores and hotels etc enjoy the small economic stimulus these people bring...but at what cost? ;)

#4 ·
put a noise restriction after a certain time. one that a a supercar driving at a normal city speed wont exceed unless the driver wants to show off and revv the shit out of his car.
and since money obviously isn't a problem to them (fines) then they could just have points put on their licenses. if they make get a certain amount of points they wont be allowed to import their cars or something.
I love cars but if there was some jackass revving his lambo at 4am i'd be fvcking pissed off as well.

#8 ·
First of all I am glad that no one was hurt

The gals will be repaired and or replaced as accidents happen

Now as for the article; I learned long ago and then was reminded of it recently that sensationalism sells and captivates folks regardless of the position that they take as such I place no value in the story as written by the media; their motive is clear and it is to sell the printed page. I was not there as such only can see the results; an accident and nothing more.

Do folks with money bring their toys and when their play; on this on have little doubt however this is not a unique situation as it happens nearly every day somewhere.

So my position remains that no one was hurt, that at least one gal was damaged, and I suspect that one would not have to look very hard or far to find that there was another accident somewhere else in which someone did get hurt which presents far greater sadness for me.

IMO a person should be careful when portraying someone that they do not know specifically in this case the media’s referring to him as a “Playboy Racer” and then commenting adversely about something that they were not party to because in the blink of an eye the tides could turn and they could find themselves in an accident too.

All the best

Shadowman

#18 ·
they really messed up though due to the numerous amounts of traffic fines such as parking fines etc. a lot of these guys dont end up paying because the local authorities can't track them down when they leave so what ends up happening is that locals are made to pay the fines through taxes

#26 ·
The problem the cops are having is the license plate characters the cars have aren't in the system so they can't write them tickets.

#28 ·
I want to be kept up at night by the sound of SVs and Keggs revving their engine. Actually, I think that would help me sleep better :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.