Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just car shopping here late at night for a 2014 GT and stumbled upon this. Should I wait? It's suppose to debut sometime first quarter 2014 right, thoughts?

Credit to WorldCarFans

·
Registered
309 Posts
Why do they need a new mustang they just released a new one for the 2013 model year. Plus they seem incapable of making a muscle car looking mustang anymore.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Why do they need a new mustang they just released a new one for the 2013 model year. Plus they seem incapable of making a muscle car looking mustang anymore.
You do realize that was just a mild aesthetic update right? The S197 platform has been around since 2005, it is definitely time for a replacement.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I actually really like it. (if this is what the final will look like). It's a good modern update. It's sleek and aggressive. I bet this thing is going to go like hell to.

And to the guy who said make it look like a musclecar, technically it never was a muscle car. It looks like an aggressive sports car yet still easily recognizable as a Mustang. I like it!

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
They should just bring back the fox.
Why? That was probably one of the ugliest designs they ever had. All people wanted was the motor and thankfully we got it back. I like the direction they are going. Cannot wait to see how the IRS works on the track. I think the upcoming GT350 is going to be a contender for the new Z28

Reactions: Pushn'lbs and srock

·
Registered
700 Posts
Why? That was probably one of the ugliest designs they ever had. All people wanted was the motor and thankfully we got it back. I like the direction they are going. Cannot wait to see how the IRS works on the track. I think the upcoming GT350 is going to be a contender for the new Z28
What? Its the only mustang that doesnt look like it should be driven around by highschool girls. That body is the reason mustang is still around. 15 years of the exact same design says youre doing something right. Not to mention they put 5.0s in the sn95 as well so it wasnt even the last body for that motor.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
What? Its the only mustang that doesnt look like it should be driven around by highschool girls. That body is the reason mustang is still around. 15 years of the exact same design says youre doing something right. Not to mention they put 5.0s in the sn95 as well so it wasnt even the last body for that motor.
I drive a Mustang, I wouldn't consider myself a high school girl. The reason the fox was so popular because it was cheap and easy to build while being somewhat lightweight. They put the 5.0 in 94-95 only and it was horrendous, probably the worst it's ever been.

I am a huge Mustang fan, and I like the Fox's as much as anyone else but it was still ugly. I think the 93 was the best year IMO. Also a reason it lasted so long is because the demand for new cars/technology has increased dramatically over the past 10 years. No one expects a car or platform to be any longer than 8 years MAX.

I personally love the 2005-2013 model range and I think they did good with the retro look and updating it over the years. 8 years are up and time for a new car. Ford is going in a different direction with the Mustang making them much more track oriented and a serious contender in the sports car category.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Overall the car looks unique without taking anything away from it being a Mustang. The IRS, increased HP (if true), weight reduction (again, if true) is a step up in my book. I'd like to wait until some interior shots begin to show up, but so far no major complaints.

Although the deals on the 2014 GT's are out the trade off is save some money and mod it to perform. Or wait for performance specs and pay a premium for a "next gen performer?" What would you guys do?

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I would buy the GT and mod it myself

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was my goal before I saw this last night. Plenty of affordable mods out there, with reliability and really had no complaints with the current GT. I just ask myself if it'll be a "I should have bought the newer model" moment.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I read that wrong, I would buy the newer model base GT and mod, that IRS rear end is going to be a huge factor in this cars performance

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
They need to make the interior seem less like that of a rental car.. 2012 5.0 (One I drove) feels half like a rental car to me.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
They need to make the interior seem less like that of a rental car.. 2012 5.0 (One I drove) feels half like a rental car to me.
Ford typically has bland interiors in the Mustang. Too much cheap plastic make it look a bit rental car-ish, also when you get single tone interiors it makes it look cheaper as well

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
it doesn't look like a huge change to me. I like it, but I was expecting it to look completely different from the 2013+ models. Like the difference between the 2is and 3is.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts