Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Silver Sponsor
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This stunning Blue/Silver themed 2011 997.2 GT3RS was originally picked up at the factory as part of the European delivery program. She later arrived stateside and came into SharkWerks for a few upgrades including our bypass exhaust, Schroth harnesses, the SharkWerks Fire Extinguisher kit and the RSS Roll bar.

Ready to come in along with her Euro-plate:

Once on the lift off come the lights (in this case optioned with the "clear" versions):

Off with the bumper and heat shields:

And the stock titanium center mufflers comes off next (still 7-8 pounds heavier than the exhaust going on):

On goes the SharkWerks exhaust (no more Euro sound restrictions here!):

Stamped...

Aligning the tips...

Installed with tips:

Next it's time to get some space and remove the interior before installing the roll bar:

Out comes the driver's seat:

And the passenger side too:

The black RSS Roll bar (an analogue of the Tequipment one):

Very carefully... in goes the roll bar (very much a two person job):

Before installing the seats and harnesses we install our SharkWerks fire extinguisher bracket in combination with the BKAuto sub belt bracket:

On to the driver's seat:

Now both seats go back in and the Schroth harnesses are installed:

We can now place our 2.5pound halon extinguisher:

·
Silver Sponsor
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
122 Posts
I love it. The lack of the clown colored wheels is awesome. I know some people like the orange or red wheels but I like the classic look

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I have a question for you guys, with the replacement of the muffler, now its almost like a straight pipe?, but what about those mufflers on the side of the car, well on each side, can you do straight pipe from there. basically what im saying do u have a kit that gets rid of all those bends and cats, and have a nice straight bend from the headers to the back of the bumper?

·
Silver Sponsor
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damn sharky, you guys never fail to impress!
aw shucks;)
I love that color
Me too makes a change from the grey/red we always get:)
blue gt3rs...mmm
I'm digging it!
um.... yeah those pics speak for themselves
You next:clap:
I love it. The lack of the clown colored wheels is awesome. I know some people like the orange or red wheels but I like the classic look
I am with you on that... just say no to red/orange wheels!
beautiful
Thanks!
beautiful car indeed.
I miss it already.. just heard it leave;P
Is this the aqua blue that is usually seen with the red graphics and wheels?
Correct!
I have a question for you guys, with the replacement of the muffler, now its almost like a straight pipe?, but what about those mufflers on the side of the car, well on each side, can you do straight pipe from there. basically what im saying do u have a kit that gets rid of all those bends and cats, and have a nice straight bend from the headers to the back of the bumper?
It is like that when the valve is switched to open correct;)

For the race exhaust and what you're talking about we have this:
Shark Werks 997 GT3 Track Exhaust for 997 GT3, 997 GT3RS, 2010 997 GT3 - SharkWerks Porsche Performance Experts in Northern California Bay Area (510-651-0300)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Nice color combo on the car and great work!

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
who's the owner, is he on here?
is he coming to Laguna seca this weekend?

car is sick!!!!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Wow I love it! Don't they come with a roll bar from the factory? Or did you install an upgraded roll bar?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts