Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i was talking to a fellow on Ferrarichat.com and he gave me his shop number to call for converting the car from AWD to RWD. He said it would be easy to do. Anyone else knew about this? Anyone know how it's done?

·
Registered
166 Posts
somebody on lambopower.com just did it and said it felt totaly unbalanced when it was finished. they are changing it back.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Very easy!
Sell yours, buy a balboni! :whistle:

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
contact John Noouri. I believe that he is on here and out in NY. He does this conversion w/o any issues.

How about doing a CF driveshaft from Tecnocraft? Owner of Monarchy Fashion is on here as well and he said that made a huge difference. Look into that :wink:

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i have owned a 05 F430 and for a true sports car i believe RWD is the only platform. With AWD i feel like my feel of the road is limited, maybe safer but limited. Not saying i want my ass end out on every turn but i do like the feel of driving a RWD as oppose to driving a AWD.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
I'm just playing devil's advocate here but, wouldn't Lamborghini have thought of that since in essence they are one of the top sports car companies out there? Around a track I would see an AWD performing better than a RWD. Just my .02

I'm actually suprised they don't have a variable system.
AWD > RWD at the start
RWD > AWD at top end
AWD > RWD in corners

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm just playing devil's advocate here but, wouldn't Lamborghini have thought of that since in essence they are one of the top sports car companies out there? Around a track I would see an AWD performing better than a RWD. Just my .02

AWD > RWD at the start
RWD > AWD at top end
AWD > RWD in corners
I do understand where your coming from. I come from a racing background tho and when i felt like ripping through gears in the F430 I would turn the TC off and just have a blast catching the ass end and throwing it in corners. With the G, my E-Gear and AWD i have to wait till the car starts to roll before i smash on it and than i feel like all there is to it is revving out gears. Still fun no doubt but not the same as RWD

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
forfend 1 last thing the old skylines have a flipswitch like that but it has to be done from a stop as in the R30-R34 skylines do that i believe. awd to rwd and then rwd to awd.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
contact John Noouri. I believe that he is on here and out in NY. He does this conversion w/o any issues.

How about doing a CF driveshaft from Tecnocraft? Owner of Monarchy Fashion is on here as well and he said that made a huge difference. Look into that :wink:
Just noticed your post, il try and track down his number, thanks! Like the CF driveshaft idea too :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
It's as simple as removing the front driveshaft from trans to diff...done it on an older 6.0 VT...
Yep, that's really all it takes.

Some go so far as to remove the front diff and it's contributing parts for the weight savings but if it were me, I'd just pull the driveshaft and replace the remaining one with a CF version and call it a day... Easy to put back in when you want to

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
AWD > RWD at the start
RWD > AWD at top end
AWD > RWD in corners
If you want this, your car is a Nissan Skyline! :bow1:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts