Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Contact to Patek or...... not.....

Just wainted to say i have mailed to Patek Philippe, and i got no answer, no email from them....Once i asked some information about a watch i m interested and once i ordered their catalogue....
i got no clue about the watch...and catalogue hasnt arrived, if anything change i ll write about it....

What is the matter with such companies? I mean they should have the best client service, presales and aftersales...

i guess they have so much money they dont care about the clients or the dont have money even to put one in charge of answering the emails.... :confused:

so that puts me on thoughts...how could i buy a watch from a company that i cant even contact in case of a problem....i know there is always the local ad,,,but that is not enough....

i expect to see whats what with the catalogue...cause i read in threads that they hardly ever decide to sent...

ALSO i would like to mention about Breguet..that after i asked for their catalogue...they answerd the next day with a kind email....

and finaly, Hermes is like patek...two emails...no answer...i wanted to know if they had any sales in their products....

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
why not contact a sponsor here about a watch you want to purchase.

I gaurantee you email them, they will respond with a quick turn around and you ever have an issue, they will make it right.

Thats why this community is so great, try contacting a sponsor here and see if they can help you out!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for you reply...
I m from greece , far away, i think all the sponsors are from usa...

also my problem is about their attitude, their philosophy... both patek or hermes and etc...

do you think a sponsor ad can sent me a patek philippe 2010 catalogue?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Are there no ADs over there? I just walked into my AD and they gave me one no questions. Also gave me Panerai catalogues. They actually just have most of them sitting out for the taking.

·
7,022 Posts
Are there no ADs over there? I just walked into my AD and they gave me one no questions. Also gave me Panerai catalogues. They actually just have most of them sitting out for the taking.
This. And what do you mean by "company"? Like HQ in Switzerland? If its that important to you, you should by from an AD and when you have issues, you take it to the AD. When my car is acting weird, I don't call GM in Detroit. I take it to the dealership. When my shirt has a defect in it, I don't call China or Italy or wherever it is manufactured; I take it to the store I bought it from.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
This. And what do you mean by "company"? Like HQ in Switzerland? If its that important to you, you should by from an AD and when you have issues, you take it to the AD. When my car is acting weird, I don't call GM in Detroit. I take it to the dealership. When my shirt has a defect in it, I don't call China or Italy or wherever it is manufactured; I take it to the store I bought it from.
This thread had epic potential until you brought common sense into it. :D

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First of all when i say company i mean what they called as...''As an independent family owned company''....

why do they have customer service via email if they have no will to reply....

second, about hermes...i wanted to buy a belt...and no boutique of them in my city...so it is via their site...but how if i cant contact...?

this is the catalogue..and i dont think the local ad would have any

Attachments

·
10,594 Posts
Some companies do some don't. I've contacted major watch companies directly because more often than not I know a lot more than most AD's about a particular piece or brand. It also depends how you come off, if you can't write well in English your question is lame and you sound like a noob then expect to get blown off.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At some point i agree with you...although i dont think my english are that bad...

and my questions were firm and understandable...

i has been many times that i have been abroad and i tried to shop...and the salesman couldnt speak properly english and couldnt unterstand even in stores like vuitton...but with little try from both sides the result is good...so i think it is up to the policy of each company :)

·
10,594 Posts
Yes, money is the universal language and we've all see when trying to buy/sell something neither party really needs to speak any particular language and the deal will get done.

But what you have to remember is watch companies do not sell direct to the public so they care a lot less and have less patience.

No offense professionally speaking your English sucks and if you e-mailed me at work I would probably blow you off if not the first time for sure the second time.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Why do you need a catalog? I'm sure you can find all the info and better pictures online.

If you're serious about buying hit up CavillinoDG (spelled wrong I bet blaming Tapatalk on that :whistle:) or Finest Watches they can have any model you want in the mail with in a few hours from purchase.

·
10,594 Posts
I'll give you an example, a past member here used to get blown off in person because he looked too young. He would walk into an AD and ask about a specific piece. He was very knowledgable but they would not take him serious because they did not think he could really afford it despite having the means. These same people would probably blow you off based on your poor writing skills. I'm not saying its right, just saying thats how many people act.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I know all the swiss companies we deal with are very sporatic with email. Sometimes (rarely) they respond right away, sometimes it takes days/weeks. They have alot of holidays, days off, and no sense of urgency to respond to email normally. A phone call is the best way to contact most swiss watch companies. Also try translating the message to french or german and you may get a faster response. Just a guess from my own personal experience anyways.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
some communication mediums can fall short from time to time ....I would not count someone out based on a lack of response.......I would, however, write them off if the response is bad or brash.
give them some time...then try another mode of communication.

just my 0.2 drachma worth of advice

1 - 17 of 17 Posts