Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're considering replacing our 2010 RR SC with a G63... on paper the RR should run away, but after driving the G63, as unrefined and seemingly impractical for everyday use as it feels, I like it. The engine is a thing of beauty. Other options may include the new RR (not sold on the styling and the nav isn't great, but everything else is amazing) and a new 911 4S cab (completely different... but this will probably be mostly the other 1/2's car). Or just take the RR almost completely back to stock so it becomes practical in a city again.

My questions are:
1) Has anyone gone to a G63 from a newer RR? What are your thoughts?
2) Does anyone use a G63 (or even a G550) daily, in particular in a city? What has your experience been?
3) Maybe the grass isn't greener on the other side and we should just stick with the 2010 RR?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
RR- eh nice car
G63- BOSS ( just FYI ur lucky if u get 8mpg in the city lol)

Reactions: EL Generalissimo

·
Registered
130 Posts
2 completely different cars.

I drive the G63 as my daily in Montreal, CA. its a rough ride. Do not get it if you want to be comfortable.
Not great room for storage, as there are no cup holders or anything.

Don't get me wrong... I love my car. But it's not for everyone. I came from a range rover to this.

My brother should be getting his 2014 RR sport supercharged autobiography in a week and i'm excited to test it out.
Probably way more practical in every single way. But not as badass!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Im one that couldn't decide which I'd prefer... So I bought both, and as cruiser has said, they're both completely different, you should go check it out

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, drove the G63 a week ago and it was great. Living in the city, our garage only fits 2 cars and we already have 4 - if we could just add the G63 that would be great, but space issues.

Road Warrior - our RR's definitely not fitted for soccer mom duty... just saying. I'd say it goes through a lot more than most other RRs out there.

But yes, the G63 is definitely getting higher on our list... probably higher than the 2015 RR at this point.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yeah, drove the G63 a week ago and it was great. Living in the city, our garage only fits 2 cars and we already have 4 - if we could just add the G63 that would be great, but space issues.

Road Warrior - our RR's definitely not fitted for soccer mom duty... just saying. I'd say it goes through a lot more than most other RRs out there.

But yes, the G63 is definitely getting higher on our list... probably higher than the 2015 RR at this point.
Yeah right. Thats what you use it for. So far the only RR in private hands I've seen thats more than 10 meters away from a paved road.

But thats not what the actual RR primarily was designed for and not what the factory delivers.

G63 in its actual form is the same like 1979 when it came out as the Geländewagen for the German Bundeswehr. And thats what it still is. A rude german G-Wagen while the RRs design was created to appeal to the more subtle suburbs and..well...yeah...maybe soccer moms or Chris Brown.

You can basically take any G and go off-road right from its first day. No need for heavy mods except the tires - which you need to change on any car you consider to take offroad.

Go for the G63. It's a hooligan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts