Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I gotta agree. 24's are just way way to big. & still wish you kept that bad boy green. That color is absolutely killer. Still looking forward to this build & how it comes out.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Looks good so far man

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for the inputs.

Custom headlights/tail lights, a few more painted accents, supercharged grill and vents still needed to be done. I know RDB will deliver winsauce as always.

As for wheels, got to make-do with what we have for now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
24s are to big a bit like putting a cover on an iPhone. I'm a purist though and prefer them how they leave the factory.

Must be the English in me. If you like it though, screw it, your ride your money. Do what you like to it but enjoy it!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Soo, the reason we chose the 24's are because 22's look completely undersized on the car, and nobody makes 23's. Range Rovers can pull off big rims, I think Ranges and Phantoms are the only cars that can pull off anything bigger than 22's. Here is a picture of a Range on 22's, IMO they look very, very undersized, hence the 24's.

Reactions: HoonEsq.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Soo, the reason we chose the 24's are because 22's look completely undersized on the car, and nobody makes 23's. Range Rovers can pull off big rims, I think Ranges and Phantoms are the only cars that can pull off anything bigger than 22's. Here is a picture of a Range on 22's, IMO they look very, very undersized, hence the 24's.
They only look small because they've got skinny rubber on.

Just a personal preference but I hate seeing Range Rovers on wheels and tyres like the one you just posted. I appreciate that it will probably never see anything like off road so doesn't need a decent sidewalled tyre, but they just look wrong on blingy/sporty wheels wrapped in rubber bands.

·
Registered
630 Posts
They only look small because they've got skinny rubber on.

Just a personal preference but I hate seeing Range Rovers on wheels and tyres like the one you just posted. I appreciate that it will probably never see anything like off road so doesn't need a decent sidewalled tyre, but they just look wrong on blingy/sporty wheels wrapped in rubber bands.
I agree, we are waiting on some cooper off road tires, as they are basically impossible to find to fit the rims. Even with fat rubber, 22's still look too small to me.
Here is a car with 22's and fat rubber

And here is Vik's range on 24's with fat rubber

Ya, I'll let the photos do the talking

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looks to me like you'll hit any bump and hit your tire in the arch. Seems really over the top.

I trust the billions Land Rover invest in research over any after market mods!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Ya, I'll let the photos do the talking
See, for me, the one on 22's looks better even though I'm not mad keen on those particular wheels.

For starters I don't like the style of those 24's and those tyres may have an aggressive offroad tread pattern, but they're still skinny as fvck rather than 'fat rubber', and secondly, I just don't get the obsession with putting the biggest wheels possible on there when they start to look like wagon wheels.

But I get that 'that's what you do' over there. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Those brushed 5 spoke 22's on the black picture posted above are perfect imo.

i've done 24s on a full-size, and yeah it might look sicker but the drop in ride quality ruined it for me.

just my opinion......

·
Registered
73 Posts
See, for me, the one on 22's looks better even though I'm not mad keen on those particular wheels.

For starters I don't like the style of those 24's and those tyres may have an aggressive offroad tread pattern, but they're still skinny as fvck rather than 'fat rubber', and secondly, I just don't get the obsession with putting the biggest wheels possible on there when they start to look like wagon wheels.

But I get that 'that's what you do' over there. :)
Agree 100% 22's are as big as you should go without risking ride quality.

Having ridden round in a friends supercharged all week in the states on 20's you guys don't need to jeopardise the quality of ride further, your roads are f()ing awful!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Anyone in Los Angeles is welcome to take a ride in our Rover with 24's to feel the difference. With the right tire, you can get the look, traction, and ride quality.

·
Registered
630 Posts
To each his own, no point in arguing something that is an opinion anyway ;) . The ride quality hasn't changed with the bigger rims, but personally, I like the big rims on the Range, even though I am usually completely against anything over 22's, I just think the Rover is big enough to pull it off without looking trashy. The car is going in for touchups on the wrap this week, then RDB for some epic-ness, to set it apart from the crowd. Me and STIG (and maybe Vik) will keep the thread updated as the work continues.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
The RR with the 22" Hamann's and beefy tires is mine. The 22's might look small due to the fact that they are on step-lips. If I estimate, the face of the wheel is only a 20", giving the wheels a smaller appearance. I've ridden in Vik's car and it is not that bad, but if you want to keep the ride as close to stock, if not better, then go with the 22's. But as you said, to each his own. Whatever you like, is what is going on your car. That's why I got my ride setup the way I do. How much did it cost you to wrap? I think I'm gonna keep the RR for the long-run, or at least until she croaks.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts