Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally after 8 months in my new apartment I am able to get my desktop set back up...but then I remember that I don't have a monitor! I am not in the position to go all out on a new monitor, but wanted to get some suggestions on monitors under $200. At this price point I probably won't be noticing much of a difference in quality, but if anyone knows of some great deals let me know!

Work consists of the usual video and photography editing. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchBook Pro, and other things along these lines.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you only have 200 dollars, anything is really fine. If you are willing to get out some $, try for a Dell 30 in display. They are amazing! NEC also makes an amazing 30 in display for roughly 2 grand. But that is obviously out of your price range.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Funny our new member 'asus' didn't recommend an Asus panel.

Apple and Dell have some of the very best displays; my Dell 2311h is superb. Definitely spring for an IPS panel.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
So in the $200 range I would say the Asus Vh237h when they have a mail in rebate. You can pick it up for as low as 139 after rebate. Then maybe put the rest towards a color calibrator for about $100. If you were looking to spend more I would pick up one of the 27" Yamakasi catleap ips monitors off of eBay for about 300 (just be aware of the type of connections your computer has) and maybe a $150 color calibrator. Just my .02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts