Luxury4Play.com banner

Colorado: I'm going to need some help with roads

777 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  white out 
#1 · (Edited)

#2 ·
I can keep an eye on things while your out this way. I will tell you this, I-70 sucks from Idaho Springs to Grand Junction this time of year. Its not just because of the snow, but because they use cinders and dirt to add traction. If you don't have a clear bra its literally suicide.

That being said, if it hasnt snowed for 36 hours, the roads should be pretty clear below 9,500 feet. If its windy, it might as well be snowing. Above 9500 feet (near the Eisenhower tunnel, Vail pass) is always a question mark.

Check out Cotrip.org for road conditions and travel speeds.

#4 ·
Good, it will be put to good use. If it snows at all, you will absolutely need snow tires.

I'd personally stay south, and take the sure thing of I-25 to I-40 in Santa Fe. Just did the 40 drive back from the Grand Canyon and it was a pretty awesome drive. I-70 is more beautiful, but I'd rather get there and come back to drive it during goldRush ;)

#5 ·
Good, it will be put to good use. If it snows at all, you will absolutely need snow tires.

I'd personally stay south, and take the sure thing of I-25 to I-40 in Santa Fe. Just did the 40 drive back from the Grand Canyon and it was a pretty awesome drive. I-70 is more beautiful, but I'd rather get there and come back to drive it during goldRush ;)
25 and 40 cross in Albuquerque not SF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.